Think good thoughts for my Pop's

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Rhino89523

Think good thoughts for my Pop's

Post by Rhino89523 »

O.K. I have already publicly announced on multiple occasions I am a big pussy.

My wife heads out tonight with some friends and I am hanging with my two little girls. They want to talk to my parents so we call them. At the end of the conversation my Dad says call back when I have some time he is having some health problems he wants to talk about. I of course say I need to know now, he tells me he is headed in for a bunch of tests he has some numbers that are indicators of Cancer. My Dad is a big dude 6'6" and tells me he is scared...words I have never heard from him. Dad man I'm scared too. I have made so many mistakes in my life and my Dad and I are finally in a place where he is proud of me and what I have made of my life...He has always been a great Dad and Grandfather. I am not ready to lose him.

I am not a religious guy, so if you are please pray or whatever. I don't want to ruin my wifes time with friends...man I really don't even know why I am posting but I needed to put my thoughts somewhere, I can't tell my kids they are too young and its not for sure.

So I am a big pussy alone on a Friday night, I don't want to ruin anyones evening, but most of you don't know me so what the hell....please pray for my Dad.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

I hope all works out man. Odd readings lit a fire under my dads ass and got him to quit smoking. further testing revealed he was perfectly fine. So try not to worry too much just yet.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

We wish you and your Dad all the best and we will keep him and you in our prayers.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

X2
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Thanks Guys....guess its a reminder to enjoy every minute with the people you love, and realize that the things that are truely important can't be bought or fixed by throwing cash at them.

For real...Thank You!
REV

Post by REV »

AT points of attack one tends to concentrate on the problem not the solution !Negative thinking creates negativity so what am I saying well..
Turn your negitve into a positive in your situation!HOW I already count like TWO you LOve your Father dude your blessed and even more so @ this point your Father is proud of you!Peace is a Beautiful thing. check it out energy is energy you CAN NOT destroy it only change its form so when it comes to Death....do you really lose them?
Image[/img]
AND WHEN IT REALLY COMES DOWN TO IT.... WELL HOMEBOYEE!!!
HUmble and on your Knees to the ULTIMATE CREATOR and BUILDER
with passionate prayer will never hurt!!!
Have a Blessed and Peaceful Night
DIE TRYN!!!
YOU MAY BE A PIT BULL BUT
I WILL CHEW ON UR ACHILLES TENDON LIKE A CHIHUAHUA.
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

sabreguy wrote:We wish you and your Dad all the best and we will keep him and you in our prayers.
X 500!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:...realize that the things that are truely important can't be bought ...
Yup... good luck with everything Matt.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I'm hoping he will be fine, he still has a great sense of humor about it all joking about all the places a camera is headed and how unfortunate the operator of said camera is for having to view the images. I'm still tripping on the whole thing.

To help get and keep my mind straight I am planning on moto-ing this weekend, and then the following weekend we are headed down to see both him and my mom and then dropping the kids off with them for a week while they are on break. That gives my parents something to get excited about.

Sometimes things like this are almost a gift to remind you of important things and prioritize how you spend your time and what you are doing with your life. My whole family is in a great spot.....we are all hoping his number isn't up yet.

So for me just hug the people that you love today.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:Sometimes things like this are almost a gift to remind you of important things and prioritize...... just hug the people that you love today.
Well said

:buddies:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

AlisoBob wrote:
Rhino89523 wrote:Sometimes things like this are almost a gift to remind you of important things and prioritize...... just hug the people that you love today.
Well said

:buddies:
I love all your emoticons!

At Hoonfest I thought maybe you were not a drinker....then I saw the ride report with the King Cobra and gas station Sushi and realized it wasn't that you don't drink...just a not right now thing. Our eating habbits seem pretty similar, as much as I like a top notch meal, Big Macs and gas station sushi can be pretty great too.........maybe just not from that gas station :lol:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Dude, I was sicker than a dog for most of HoonFEST..... I just dont complain about it.

Bobs ass, at HoonFEST 2011
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

AlisoBob wrote:Dude, I was sicker than a dog for most of HoonFEST..... I just dont complain about it.

Bobs ass, at HoonFEST 2011

:rotfl:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

hopefully theres a good outcome to the whole situation :cool:
REV

Post by REV »

A Gift :cool:
In the face of Tribulation give thanks!!
Thanks Rhino for the Courage and the Righteous perseverance
Like a true Warrior you Stand and give us encouragement by your actions and thoughts strengthening the Tribe as a whole.
You know whats ROCKN about tribulation?
Watching the POWER of GOD Kickass
THough I walk through shadow of the Valley of Death I shall Fear NO Evil For thy rod and thy staff they comfort me you anoint my head with oil as I fest amongst my enemies...Part of Psalm 23 from memory so look it up to check it ,the moral of the story is
YAAA Boyeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DIE TRYN!!!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Hey Rev, you have a great take on things.

I have been in a church so few times I can certainly count them on my fingers and toes. Sometimes I come in contact with people who go to church a lot and I am glad I never did. Then sometimes someone like you comes along and has a way of putting things into a perspective that makes sense. I have enjoyed both of your posts.

Thank You,
Matt
REV

Post by REV »

Matt,
This thought came to mind as soon as I read your thread I just lagged posting so please except my apologizes on my procrastination.
Have you ever heard the religious term "its not me its him who is within me"!! well here is another but non-religious expression,
"when monkeys fly out of my butt"!! God works like that dude things come from within that you have NOOO idea where they came from.So basically what I am saying is that I can not take credit for things that where expressed through me because YOU called for them!!
Coincidence Gods way of being Anonymous!!
LOve ya Brotherrrrrrrrr,
Kevin
how is your Pops doing?
DIE TRYN!!!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

He had the camera head up his P hole and it found some kind of growth up in his bladder...guess this one is fairly common and not too much to worry about. He has a surgery scheduled for that towards the end of the month, but that one is no big deal I guess. He had some kind of biopsy thing up his rear last week and we get those results back Tues. I think. This shold tell if he has the big C and if he does how far along it is and how aggressive. Then we go from there.

My Dad is a funny guy and cool dude, he is keeping the spirits up...so The Ryan family has their fingers crossed hopeing its all going to be good.

Rev.....I understand what you are saying and appreciate the kindness...So thank You and the Creator that is working through you.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:My Dad is a funny guy and cool dude, he is keeping the spirits up...so The Ryan family has their fingers crossed hopeing its all going to be good.
:clink:

:headbang:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Well the results of testing came in and its not good. My Dad has Cancer and it is aggressive. He goes back in Wendesday to see how far it has spread and we go from there. Doesn't look good.

My Dad is a great Dad and Grandfather. I hope when my life is viewed my kids see me through the same light that my sister and I view my Dad.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:I hope when my life is viewed my kids see me through the same light that my sister and I view my Dad.

Thats the goal.... and some of the Dads out there set that bar pretty high.....

Sounds like your Dad is one of them Matt.

Give him a big cyber-hug from everyone here at Banned!!!
KE 336

Post by KE 336 »

Rhino, its hard to know what to say in situations like this so I usually just keep my mouth shut out of fear of saying the wrong thing. Just wanted to tell you I've been in your shoes and my heart goes out to you. All I can tell you is make the most out of whatever time you have. Your Pop is probably going to be given numerous options, as loved ones we are somewhat selfish and try and dictate which option to take. I would say let your dad make that choice himself and stand behind him on it 100% even if you and/or others think otherwise. Lastly, I'm not a church attending bible thumper but I do believe in Jesus and God and prayers don't cost a dime and can never hurt!
gman1966347

Post by gman1966347 »

Hey Matt, I'm sorry I don't know you. Solidbro (Eric) got me into this site. Man, I am in tears. My father is going thru Pancreatic cancer. It is so hard. I can really relate to how you are feeling. My father had a "Whipple" procedeure,which is an incredible surgery to begin with. My Dad and I had some up's and down's for sure. Solid, has sat me down and talked to me about one day losing my father, which may be soon. He is very sick. Solid brought me down to earth and made me see things a little more clearly. I can't begin to or how to tell you that my heart is with you and your family. I'm not much good with words, except that it tares me up to read what you have written. My Dad is THE MAN! I love him so very much! I am praying for you, please everyone pray for my Dad too. I need it.. It is really hard, I don't know how to explain how I feel. Please talk to everyone that you can. WE ALL WILL LISTEN! Pm me if you need to talk and I'll send you my number. The unmost respect to you, your father and to all of your loved ones. Stay strong my friend. It's not easy, I understand. Much love to you guys.
Regards
Gerry
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

gman1966347 wrote:Hey Matt, I'm sorry I don't know you. Solidbro (Eric) got me into this site. Man, I am in tears. My father is going thru Pancreatic cancer. It is so hard. I can really relate to how you are feeling. My father had a "Whipple" procedeure,which is an incredible surgery to begin with. My Dad and I had some up's and down's for sure. Solid, has sat me down and talked to me about one day losing my father, which may be soon. He is very sick. Solid brought me down to earth and made me see things a little more clearly. I can't begin to or how to tell you that my heart is with you and your family. I'm not much good with words, except that it tares me up to read what you have written. My Dad is THE MAN! I love him so very much! I am praying for you, please everyone pray for my Dad too. I need it.. It is really hard, I don't know how to explain how I feel. Please talk to everyone that you can. WE ALL WILL LISTEN! Pm me if you need to talk and I'll send you my number. The unmost respect to you, your father and to all of your loved ones. Stay strong my friend. It's not easy, I understand. Much love to you guys.
Regards
Gerry
Really? Not good with words? I think this is the post of the year....

Good luck and positive thoughts to everyone......
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Hey Gerry...thanks for the kind words and I am thinking good thoughts for you and your family, especially your Father. I have not updated this post because I really don't have much more to say about all of this....all my Dads tests came back bad, the stuff is everywhere and I am looking at the same deal as you are.

My Kids do year round schooling and are off right now so we sent them down to be with my parents and then my wife and I picked them up last weekend. My parents were really happy to have my kids there and have that fresh look on life all around them. When I showed up my Dad was ready to have some serious talks I have always put off in the past...as usual the dude has it all worked out and handled but wanted to make sure I would help my Mother out if needed towards the end...Of course I will Dad you don't even have to ask.

The good news is Gman...there will be no words left unsaid, you and I both have the opportunity to say everything we want and need to our Fathers before they leave. There was a time in my life if my Dad had gone without notice I would have wondered if his last thought when thinking about his Son was man my kids a total loser. A lot of oppurtunity is afforded to us by knowing, and lessons about how to live life properly learned if we choose to listen.

My Sister in talking to my dad said to him that its time for the bucket list, his reply was he has already done everything on it and all he wants to do now is spend time with my Mom, watch his garden grow and spend time with his kids and Grandkids...the Dude won.

We have the opportunity to truely have no regrets......and there are really no guarantees in life anyway.

Email, call, respond to this post, if you need to talk to someone who is living in the same spot, need a cyber hug or whatever. I am thinking good thoughts for your Pops.

Matt Ryan
(530)308-6050 call anytime...for real anytime.