A few interesting events taking place.........

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Exnav wrote:Just wait, it won't be long and the Big 3 will be holding their hands out for a bailout. It's coming folks.
Keep up. They have already been promised $25B....with another $25B to come.

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/flowchart/2 ... ysler.html
Last edited by redrocket190 on September 25th, 2008, 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
britincali

Post by britincali »

redrocket190 wrote:
Exnav wrote:Just wait, it won't be long and the Big 3 will be holding their hands out for a bailout. It's coming folks.

All they are waiting on is bush to approve it, everyone else has already voted yes.

Its only gonna be allowed to be used as development funds for fuel efficient vehicles but it will free up whatever money they are currently spending on that.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

redrocket190 wrote:
It was more to point out that it's coming, like you state, that it is promised but not in the hands of the Big 3 yet.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
redrdr67

Post by redrdr67 »

teemtrubble wrote:
dannygraves wrote:Mike, I do still like my gen-1, I feel it is a better desert bike than my gen-4. it handles better at high speed and is more stable at speed. (5th gear gravel washes, etc.)

I'm way more to the right than to the left and I this W is just an embarrasment for republicans everywhere. but thats just my opinion.
:lol: :wink:
I know Danny I just can't help myself giving Jeff a hard time :wink:

Me personally I'm pissed about the 700B in regards to the Mortgage backed securities because in a nut shell it just gives some Mortgage companies more time to foreclose on mortgages while they have made billions or maybe trillions in the past they wrote "bad loans" to people who could not afford them and sold securities under the assumption the market would appreciate "They made an investment and lost" ex; Jack ( age 40) and Jill (age 40) and their 2 children and dog buy a home with a ARM (Adjustable rate mortgage) Jack and Jill both have to work full time to satisfy their loan. They hit year 5 in their home and the interest rate has been climbing but, they struggle and are making it. Hoping they can refinance soon. Jack is driving home from his second job so they can afford Health insurance because little Sarah who is 6 is Autistic and has special needs, Jack falls a sleep at the wheel due to exhuastion veers off the road crashes and dies... a few months pass. Jill is devasted they didn't have life insurance she can't make the mortgage payments she is upside down and owes more than she can sell the house for and they foreclose. She goes to the welfare department to apply for housing and aid she can recieve food stamps but, cannot recieve financial aid because she has to be living in a dwelling and the waiting list for Area Housing is about three years and because her credit is now shit she can't get in anywhere becaue the "LEFTIES" have been giving housing to people who don't want to work or refugies. Now between Jack and Jill they were working 3 jobs and paying taxes for over 40 years.

And now the "FED" wants to help some of these "Banks" in this "Rescue Plan" with Jack and Jill's tax dollars...

Jill is still homeless and didn't have enough money to file bankruptcy so several of the "Banks" that her and her husbands tax dollars went to in the "Resue plan" are suing her...

On the other hand there are some companies that do need that help...

That was an example but, It's a true story of one of my close friends I just changed their names.
Sorry to hear about your friends. Too bad the local media can't air this story. :evil:
'99 CR500R, Lots of Hondas
Ashley's Deli, Pro Honda Oils, Precision Concepts, BRP, Michelin, Mototecnica
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Exnav

Post by Exnav »

The Dow finished up 196 points today. Who the hell knows what is going to happen these days?
britincali

Post by britincali »

Exnav wrote:The Dow finished up 196 points today. Who the hell knows what is going to happen these days?

Only because of bailouts.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

britincali wrote:
Exnav wrote:The Dow finished up 196 points today. Who the hell knows what is going to happen these days?

Only because of bailouts.
Which appear to be stalled at this point, or falling apart.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I like the idea of them taking the 700B and giving it to the 18+ adult citizens of the US. That WOULD stimmualate the economy, creat jobs, the people of the US would have an incredible vested interest in this country. Giving the money back to the banks and the fuk heads that blew it in the first place IS the dumbest idea in the long sad history of bad ideas.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

JBaze wrote: Giving the money back to the banks and the fuk heads that blew it in the first place IS the dumbest idea in the long sad history of bad ideas.
Yup,
We have a bunch of moronic congressman who probably can't even balance a check book trying give away 700B.

Bush is on record since 01 talking about the problems with Fannie nd Freddie.
McCain is on record since 03 trying to reel in Fannie and Freddie.
Franks and Dobbs stopped him cold.

Now Franks and Dobbs are leading the way to this 700B bailout?
Complete morons!!!!!!!!!!!
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

I' probably get blasted for a repost but do you remember this?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/congress.asp

And we expect these morons to run OUR country ?
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Makes a person feel all warm and fuzzy inside huh?
atank

Post by atank »

Either way our children, and their children, and so on and so fourth will end up paying for this, you have to pick the lesser of the two evils on election day, choose well! :?: .
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Man, they gave them some help. Can't believe it. And then the bitch has the gal to tell the world " we're letting wallstreet know, the party is over." My ass, they party on only now with our money. I don't know how it is anywhere else, but here Wamu folded, now there are at least 2 more banks on the edge. It's like the begining of the Road Warrior series! I wonder if they'll use any of the bailout to replace what anyone lost in their 401K's? Jesus, what a stupid question, of course not are you crazy.
atank

Post by atank »

Here in the South its hard to find a station with Gas! This is the second week of this shit :roll:
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

JBaze wrote:I like the idea of them taking the 700B and giving it to the 18+ adult citizens of the US.
well, this would be great, but think about it.

everyone has 400 grand to blow. how many people are going to quit working? the smart ones wont, but the morons will, and theres ALOT of those.
Now, everyone has a TON of money to spend, and everyone goes on a spending spree. well, now since everyone wants a 10,000 dollar TV, and theres not enough of them to go around, the price skyrockets, along with everything else, assuming you can get into the store to buy a TV, since all those minimum wage store workers just quit their jobs because they just got a 400 grand bonus...........
Yes, theoretically, that would be friggin awesome, but everything wold temporarily inflate so much, 400 grand wouldnt buy a sucker, simply because everyone has it, and is ready to spend it.
Its like 100 dollars now, and 100 dollars 60 years ago.........
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

NightBiker07 wrote:
JBaze wrote:I like the idea of them taking the 700B and giving it to the 18+ adult citizens of the US.
well, this would be great, but think about it.

everyone has 400 grand to blow. how many people are going to quit working? the smart ones wont, but the morons will, and theres ALOT of those.
Now, everyone has a TON of money to spend, and everyone goes on a spending spree. well, now since everyone wants a 10,000 dollar TV, and theres not enough of them to go around, the price skyrockets, along with everything else, assuming you can get into the store to buy a TV, since all those minimum wage store workers just quit their jobs because they just got a 400 grand bonus...........
Yes, theoretically, that would be friggin awesome, but everything wold temporarily inflate so much, 400 grand wouldnt buy a sucker, simply because everyone has it, and is ready to spend it.
Its like 100 dollars now, and 100 dollars 60 years ago.........

No your right. It would cause more problems than anything else. I was more just BSing than anything. This is getting pretty heavy though. It will be interesting to see what happens next!