Save you'r self some money

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
honda02

Save you'r self some money

Post by honda02 »

I purchased a Aluminm Exhuast Flange with 3 O-Ring set up.
Finnaly got around to installing ran the bike with the new high tech Aluminm Exhaust flange for 3 or 4 hour run time on it.

It don't leak any Oilly black oil out of But I pulled the pipe just to see how things holding up I got to say is WOW you can see how bad it already starting to wear out from the vibration of the pipe against it already mabe anouther 10 to 15 hours of wear time it would worn right though the new high tech flange.

Do you'r self a big favor stick with the stock steel flange and use RTV to keep to oilly stuff inside where in belongs.

If you can find you'r self a steel O-Ring type exhaust flange it most likley hold up better.
powermizer

Post by powermizer »

I was looking into one of those and wonderd the same thing, because my steal one is wore out from the vibration. Thanks for info
lots of power is never enough
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

There's a reason why the stockers are made of Crom moly. :idea:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i think a few people tried to tell you it wouldnt work :lol:
honda02

Post by honda02 »

It like beening married selective hearing Ha Ha.

I Know told you so. Ha Ha.

I will admite when I wrong Ha Ha.

Sorry

100hp honda wrote:i think a few people tried to tell you it wouldnt work :lol:
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

I seem to remember quite some while ago a guy was offering those on the other site and a shit load of you guys bought them, so give the guy a break, hes not the only dumbass... :lol:
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:i think a few HUNDRED people tried to tell you it wouldnt work :lol:
Yup
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

yeah the steel ware out in about 8-12 years
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

lewisclan wrote:yeah the steel ware out in about 8-12 years
Shit thats TWICE the longevity of Vagina!

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

M.F.D.B. wrote: Shit thats TWICE the longevity of Vagina!
:rotfl:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Ive been trying to knock the bottom out of the wifey for several years I think she must be getting that thing re-built some where
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

lewisclan wrote:Ive been trying to knock the bottom out of the wifey for several years I think she must be getting that thing re-built some where
Jay what's up with the avatar it's only showing half of it. Maybe you need more memory. Or have your computer rebuilt. :lol: :lol:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

lewisclan wrote:.....I think she must be getting that thing re-built some where

Where ever she's going... they do good work.

She's holding up well
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

lewisclan wrote:Ive been trying to knock the bottom out of the wifey for several years I think she must be getting that thing re-built some where
Either that, or your car just has too much milleage making the garage look newer? :wink:
AlisoBob wrote: Where ever she's going... they do good work.

She's holding up well
No kidding!! :lol:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

This is what I've done to minimize spooge @ the Ex. Manifold:

Take one of those o'rings from the alloy flange, duplicate 1 o'ring groove in the std. flange after the std metal gasket ring, fit o'ring, use RTV on clean pipe & flange ( I also put a smear of RTV under the std ring) let dry overnight.

This has worked best for me. In my riding, my pipe is constantly taking hits from rocks, trees, mega deep ruts etc, so the pipe moves enough that the RTV "splits" easily, loosing its seal. The o'ring is an effective back up, that keeps spooge @ the minimum after the RTV splits. This produced No spooge on front of the engine after 6 months of being hammered in my terrain.

I've got my bike laid on it's side now to do the RH crank seal & collar - an evenings work that's taking about 2 weeks to do - been roped into every man & his dogs chores other than mine. The latest one was re-shoeing my late girl friends 18.8 hand, 22year old Percheron . She & I birthed him together a few days before she passed away. I'm not a horse person at all - frankly they scare me shitless - but this old fella is my last link to her and we've got this weird bond. The ornery old blighter loves me, and is a real bastard to everyone else but me, now that he's getting old & cranky. I have to be with him for vet visits etc. He won't trust others & he's too big to argue with. He follows me like the worlds biggest black Labrador and is as goofy as a puppy with me. Trouble is, he's one of those horses that thinks it's fun to lean on you when you're shoeing him - the bugger weighs 2300lbs and he just stuffed my back by using me as a cushion. But he's the only horse I trust & I love him - don't know what I'll do when he goes. :(
britincali

Post by britincali »

18 hand is friggin huge, you got some balls shoeing him :shock:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

Nah, normal sized balls, just probably a pea sized brain. With me he is as placid as a worn out pup. But as he is getting a bit shaky, I'm going to rig up a safety sling for when we shoe him - his playful lean, that he took too far, reminded me of the damage he'd do if he actually collapsed/slipped.

Not kidding when I said I' m scared of horses - well, just not comfortable with them. Annies family were the complete equine freak package, breading. competing at the highest levels - Her mum & dad were pretty put out at first when she hooked up with a complete 2 wheel freak - both Motorcycles & bicycles.

As he grew up with me on bikes, he has no fear of them - comes thundering through the paddock when he hears a bike, and apparently gets royally pissed of if it's not me.

What scares me with horses is the amount of carnage I'd see coming from them - at no stage were her family (admittedly a Big one) without a few injured members from those big furry critters. And Annie died as a result of one, so......... I don't hate them, to use the cliche - she went doing what she loved - but it made me even more wary of them.

He's 18.8 hands - may possibly be one of the biggest in OZ - he's never been showed, competed or harnessed. But ridden & treated like a member of the family. He is the unchallenged king in the paddocks here, no horse, no matter who they are cross him, yet no one has even seen him have any sort of altercation with the others - and there is always some young and potentially dangerous stallions around. He hates snakes, kills a heap of them each year and brings them to you like a dog does with a ball, you hoik the thing away & he goes and brings it back- he has a bad habit of coming up to you & dropping them on your head or in your lap if your sitting down and your backs to him- I've screamed like a little girl several times over the years when he's caught me out, and the big twerp just snickers at you :shock: I can't ride for shit, will not ride other horses, but will ride him.I call him a trials horse, as the silly bugger loves clambering up & down trails here that a mountain goat would do. Trouble is, he tends to crack our sand stone rocks because of his weight & many times over the years we've almost gone over the edge of cliff trails. It takes a fair sized ladder , or I climb into a tree or onto a rock ledge to mount , or get back on him when we go for a swim. 1/2 the time we don't use reigns, just talk to him and scratch the side of his shoulder to show him where I'd like him to go, sometimes he agrees with me :D As well as a sore back from him 'resting" on me when I did his "front sneakers" I think the balding patch on the top of my scone got bigger - I made the big mistake of letting him "De-Flea" me when he was about my height (3rd day of his life), so he follows me around & chews on my hair whenever he can get the chance. Biggest "mad puppy" on earth.

Rambling - miss his mum, he always sends me back to thinking of her :oops:
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

Seems like you were going to make your own.....

So you have some info on what does NOT work now.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

i wash my bike after almost every ride, so a leaky as hell flange doesnt matter to me much. but, mine is double O-ring'd, and it doesnt leak anyways.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
RideRed

Post by RideRed »

Think outside the box. I used flat type fire place rope on my flange (wrapped the flange like how wrapped headers look), it was a tight fit, but worth it. Fire place rope is fire proof, and it cushions the pipe against the flange. Just think...no more two stroke drool, no more damn O-rings that last only 3 or so rides...

I have had mine on for honestly about 3 years with no leaks. That works for me and I hope others will try it.
Disturbed

Post by Disturbed »

...18.8 hand,
:?:

4" in a hand....so he's 20 hands. :?:

In any event 18 H + is big. :)
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

Yup, you're right, Disturbed, 4 inches per hand, I f'd up & put 8 instead of 3 . So he Is 18-3. I think he was over 19 hands when he was younger, joint compression as he's aged has taken at least an inch from his stature.

I don't think too well in Horse speak, the only thing I now have to do with that world is the silly old blighter I wrote about, a very cool old horse. I just wish he didn't regard me as his personal cuddle toy. It a bit hard to come out on top when a critter, that weighs more than 10 times as much as me, wants to play push/shove.:blur:
ZETTNORCAL

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

I just welded a nice bead around the stock flange then ground it down so the pipe fits tight. It's been on there for atleast 50hrs. ride time. No leaks. Seems to be best for me.