John Force eats shit...

Use some common sense ....
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

John Force eats shit...

Post by AlisoBob »

Look at the far right part of the screen ( Dont follow the front half of the car on the left)

Car came apart, big time.When it comes apart, the driver is basically sitting in a chrome moly " lawnchair".. no frontal protection whatsoever... As it slid down the wall, John took all the abrasion.

I wonder if they made changes after the Medlin wreck that even made the car more unsafe... its happenend before..

I hope John recovers well.... hes pretty banged up. My comp buddy was there... said it was pretty bad.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Better coverage..

sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

He will be back! Probably not this year though.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Yeah that was a bad wreck. I still can't believe the chassis came apart like that. :shock:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Like I said, they probably changed the chassis design due to Medlin being killed by the chassis being so stiff that all the vibrations were transfered straight thru to the driver.

This chassis may have been designed to flex more, or to even seperate if the vibrations go too intense.

I'm sure the chassis came apart for a reason, and not simply by chance.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

that sucks to see that shit hope he gets back. you roll the dice everytime down the track in those cars
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

AlisoBob wrote:Like I said, they probably changed the chassis design due to Medlin being killed by the chassis being so stiff that all the vibrations were transfered straight thru to the driver.

This chassis may have been designed to flex more, or to even seperate if the vibrations go too intense.

I'm sure the chassis came apart for a reason, and not simply by chance.
If it is a redesigned chassis I bet it get's some upgrades now. Comming apart right in front of the driver isn't a good thing.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The story I just got is that it was a new chassis designed and built by Murf Mckinney and was different in the foot box area, and also the chassis was heat treated, post welding...

Looks like it got a little brittle , eh?
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Ahhh and yeah just a tad brittle I would say.