What does this look like

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
JBaze

What does this look like

Post by JBaze »

I thought to break up the monatany or what ever I would pose this question: Does this plug look like a lean condition or good or what. Just looking for opinions. It's out of the 450X after 1/2 hour of 4-5th gear nearly wide open throttle in a desert type of condition. Thanks.

teamdns

Post by teamdns »

i change my buddies 2005 450x plug couple times a year (ya its pricey) and they look just like that....no issues with the bike other than being a 4 stroke. :lol:

Post by JBaze »

Thanks Ryan. Do you by chance know if his bike runs real hot? When I was riding to get a reading on the plug the nitrogen canister on the rear shock got so hot it burned my leg! You ever hear of anything like that?
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

my buddy rides his bike with his kids and stops to help them and lets it idle for 10 minutes at a time....i have yet to see that thing get too hot, its crazy...but i do take it out and ride it on the streets of havasu going up a hill thats a couple miles long at around 55-60 and have never got it hot either....and its 100 out there most of the times.

i have had to monkey with the carb for some no start issues before but other than that, its been a good bike for my friend.

Post by JBaze »

Huh thats wild. This bike starts runs and rides fine no issues at all other than running hot as a mofo. I dunno.....
Joshwfl

Post by Joshwfl »

I have a YZ426 and the plug looks just like that. It runs super hot as well, so hot I really thought there was a problem. I've been told by several other riders though that it's normal for this bike. It's surprising being liquid cooled, my old XR's never got as hot as this does.
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

I had a crf 450R for the tight stuff, not the most ideal choice. I had this thing piss coolant more than once. Now i use the af for the tight stuff. :lol:
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

[quote="Joshwfl"]I have a YZ426 and the plug looks just like that. It runs super hot as well, so hot I really thought there was a problem. I've been told by several other riders though that it's normal for this bike. It's surprising being liquid cooled, my old XR's never got as hot as this does.

My pipe is the same color as yours. Have you checked your nitrogen resevoir after a ride? Mine gets so hot it burned my fuggin leg yesterday!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

mike hunt wrote:I had a crf 450R for the tight stuff, not the most ideal choice. I had this thing piss coolant more than once. Now i use the af for the tight stuff. :lol:

I have quietly been looking for another hundy to flog around on. Problem is around here for some reason people think that a 15 year old 500 is worth more than it cost new!
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

Hey you once said the 91 was your favourite year. Drive here and I'll make you a deal. :lol:
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

mike hunt wrote:Hey you once said the 91 was your favourite year. Drive here and I'll make you a deal. :lol:

Where de fuk you at?
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

I'm in Canada, a bit of a drive for sure. All brand new oem plastics and new pipe silencer. I basically put about $2000 into this bike. It's more of a garage Queen which is sad. No worries though the af gets plenty of rough treatment!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

mike hunt wrote:I'm in Canada, a bit of a drive for sure. All brand new oem plastics and new pipe silencer. I basically put about $2000 into this bike. It's more of a garage Queen which is sad. No worries though the af gets plenty of rough treatment!

Thats a bit far for sure. I just missed a mint 1991 with all oem parts garage kept for 1300. Couldn't fukin beleive it!
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

Ya around here the 500 is rare. I had two offers of $2500 and turned both away. I think what it really comes down to is me not wanting to part with it.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I'll be the first to tell you that if your not sure about it, don't do it, cause you'll regret it.
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

You know what i think your right! It can sit in the garage and be admired. I sold my Yamaha R6 and regret every minute of it, first summer in tens years without a rice rocket. :cry:
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I feel you man, sold the AF cause I thought it was the "right" thing to do. Regret it ever since. But it will all come back around.
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

Ya i'm sure you will have another 500 in the garage just like i plan on having another rice rocket under me. Ya the right thing to do was the gf saying five bikes was one to many. Thats the last time she wins on this subject!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

mike hunt wrote:Ya i'm sure you will have another 500 in the garage just like i plan on having another rice rocket under me. Ya the right thing to do was the gf saying five bikes was one to many. Thats the last time she wins on this subject!
:lmao: GF! My wife wouldn't tell me that! :whip:
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

Ya the power of the vagina. Never again but i will say she is always good on the fact that i ride every weekend. Really she has no say in the matter anyways. :lol:
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Thats cool man. :cool:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

never underestimate the power of the pussy! :lol:
plug looks fine, but since you are running hot, maybe you should fatten her up a bit :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Is that the pussy or the jetting Danny :lol: :lol: :lol:
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

CR500R7 wrote:Is that the pussy or the jetting Danny :lol: :lol: :lol: