CRF450X Conversion ?

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
n36

CRF450X Conversion ?

Post by n36 »

Has anyone converted a 450x? What are your thoughts on this chassis? I just picked up one with a blown up motor that I am thinking of converting, but I was wondering if it was worth the time and effort.

Thanks Trey
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

um...i don't know too much about these conversions...but i don't see why it would be any different then a 450R conversion? i don't know if the tank clearance or anything like that would be different but i imagine it's not...I say GO FOR IT! if i would have had the chance to convert a 450X or a 450R i would have picked the X but of course i didn't have that option and did the R conversion...Do it bro! we need more completed 450X conversions on this site!!!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

: bling : franks is an X
n36

Post by n36 »

Thanks for the encouragement, I plan on doing this conversion, but I need to get ready for the race season. I guess that I am going to race my gen. 2 the first part of the season then convert the X. Once I start the conversion I may sell my gen. 2 Service Honda (chassis only).

Thanks for the input.
I would like to see some photos of a converted X if there are any out there.

Trey
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The 450 R and 450X differ mainly in the fork valving, seat padding, and other small details.

A 450R build thread will provide all the info you need.

Hoon On!!!
n36

Post by n36 »

Does anyone have any idea what airboot might be needed to convert a crf450x?

Thanks Trey
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

Gen 1 250 boot...eat your heart out, that's something that took me months to figure out...