Attn. Midwest Hoons

Gather Up for IGG'S BIRFDAY BASH @ DOVE SPRINGS!! March 16-18 2012
Exnav

Attn. Midwest Hoons

Post by Exnav »

The Cali, AZ and Vegas guys get together a lot and ride. Many of them drive the same amount as we would have to in order to ride together.

Any interest in doing a MW ride? I am in suburban St. Louis, but travel on business to all parts of Iowa and Nebraska and Missouri. Possibly do a Little Sahara dune trip in Oklahoma if there was interest. Or could be somewhere more central to all of us. I'm open to ideas if there is interest. I know there are at least 5 or 6 of us here in the fly over zone and probably more that haven't posted or registered.

Some of the best riding weather is coming soon.

Reply to this post if this is of interest to you.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

5 days and not a single reply. Tells me a lot as to why I ride alone. Weak......
any of you westerners wanna adopt a MW hoon?
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

If your ever down this way I can host for a weekend.

If you want to live the dream, your gonna have to move :wink:
03 CRF450/85 500
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

bump
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Your Welcome here anytime :wink:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Uzi

How did I miss this?

Post by Uzi »

Exnav
Just saw this! I guess since its mostly the cali and west coast guys that post here I don't look much.

I would definitely be up for a ride somewhere even if it means a little driving. I know there are a few guys on here from Nebraska and Iowa. I've been wanting to hit little sahara and a couple guys I ride with would like to also but we never had a weekend that worked good for everyone. Alot of them don't have the vacation time :cry:

If there's some place you would like to go that is central to us let me know. I usually ride milford lake in northeast Kansas but that would be more of a drive for you. I try to go to Disney Oklahoma once a year but missed last year. Its rocky there and not for everyone but they do have some fun dirt trails too. I will probably go this spring again.

If you travel up here for business let me know. One of my 500's and my 250 are apart right now for maintenance but I could get the 250 together fairly quick. I was just thinking if you could make a long weekend out of a business trip or something like that I would be happy to loan you a bike and do a day ride around here.
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Never have rode at Milford, but hear it's pretty good riding. We should plan a ride in the Spring. I have ridden at Little Sahara a lot and I would recommend staying away on the holiday weekends. Get a paddle for the 500 and you will have to have a flag mounted off the seat to meet their rule, but the riding is outstanding. It's not uncommon for the temps to be in the 70's during the winter, so consider going while the snow is flying in Lincoln.
MICK

Post by MICK »

A helpfull thing is going to the members list. Choose to sort everybody by location. Unfortunately you'll see that 6 1/2 pages of 10 users didn't provide a location. But you can spot riders who live in your area pretty closely from the remaining 3 1/2 pages.

For instance, I already knew HrcRacing lived near me, but I didn't know that atank, Joshwfl and Justin B were in my neck of the woods either.

I'm trying to get a ride together with Steve_K from the other site at Monster Mountain in Alabama. So I seen that atank lives up in Northern Georgia so I'm going to drop him an invite by PM too when we establish dates.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: Attn. Midwest Hoons

Post by AlisoBob »

Exnav wrote:
Any interest in doing a MW ride? I am in suburban St. Louis, but travel on business to all parts of Iowa and Nebraska and Missouri. Possibly do a Little Sahara dune trip in Oklahoma if there was interest.
Go MW'S..... friggin' Go!
redrider

Post by redrider »

lets ride man. Bit cold now up here in iowa. Last time I got on the damn thing i busted a couple teeth out + concussion + broken chestprotector + couldn't walk for a day. My eye was twitchin and shit. So I can't wait to get back on her! Im in the quad cities or cedar rapids usually. I know there is another guy in CR on the other site. There really is nowhere of any significance around here. Thats why i go out west to ride but i am down for a midwest trip.
I'd rather be hauling ass
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

Are there any dunes in Kansas/Nebraska/Missouri?

If not, we could put something together for Silver Lake, it's only an 8 hour drive from St. Louis! :D
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Go Midwest... GO!!!
redrider

Post by redrider »

I'd be totally down w/silver lake. I actually bought my bike up there and had been planning on going back since.
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

i can meet outside chicago somewhere this weekend.. HEHE ya boss im working i swear... Just gotta borrow someones ride and gear lol.. :D
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
redrider

Post by redrider »

do you ride in below freezing weather in the rain?
redrider

Post by redrider »

soooooo... silver lake then?
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

No Silver Lake for me, but will be heading to Little Sahara in OK in the Spring.
redrider

Post by redrider »

Is that place good or what? Its a bit far for me. I have a lot of options at that radius.
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

I've been going there a number years. I like it and although it's not Glamis or Dumont, it has some of best duning you can find in the Midwest. Flags have to be mounted off the subframes to meet the height limit. Check it out here...http://waynoka.com/littlesahara/cgi-bin/index.cgi
Premix

Post by Premix »

Hey Exnav,

What date are you planning in the spring? Never been there but would like to check it out.