How to keep co-workers from stealing your food.

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
DaisyCutter

How to keep co-workers from stealing your food.

Post by DaisyCutter »

Some co-workers seem to think if there’s unmarked food and drink in the communal refrigerator, that its fair game. Heck, it sometimes doesn’t last a morning. I swear it’s as if they truly believe that you brought it for them. Oftentimes the phantom food thief is never identified.

So I moved on to marking my name on my food. This didn’t really have much of an effect. I think that upon seeing my name, would-be snack snipers decided that they only needed to make sure that I wasn’t present when they plundered my sweet treasures.

It seemed that there was no way to completely safeguard against these vile, cube-dwelling looters. The desirable nature of these snacks is what caused me to buy them in the first place. If someone wants them bad enough, there’s nothing I can do, right?

Wrong. It occurred to me that it if I eliminated the “desirable” nature of the goodies, that they may be spared from the wingtip wearing plunderers. So I carefully crafted a plan to ensure that nobody would steal my goodies...

Below is the final answer to the food vanishing question… and all it required was a Post-It and a Sharpie:

My orange Powerade had remained waiting for me, unmolested, for 3 whole weeks now. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Ever think to add a little " something-something" that might give the bandit a case of the runs?
britincali

Post by britincali »

Visine works really well........
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Or you can write TB positive on your stuff.

We had a guy that worked in Pratt and Whitney Engine Management Office when I work F119's.....he was the same way. He would take your crap out of the mircowave and eat it. After somene threatened to shank em...he stopped...kinda. I bet his blood type was meat by-product...bleeds gravy.

Fill up 1/4 of an apple-juice bottle with 927...the rest with apple juice. Mark it as "do not drink." When you here gaggin...you caught your villian.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
britincali

Post by britincali »

Years ago my mum worked in a big hospital in manchester and they would use the main sample-medication cooler to keep their packed lunches fresh, well everyone would steal each others food all the time and being human they would also steal hospital supplies including the specimin containers as they are sealed perfect and were an early version of the tupperware stuff.

Anyway one day this nurse comes in and peruses the "free" food available for the day and finds a container with a nice juicy beef curry and rice, she starts macking out..... A doc comes in 10 mins later looking for a sample that was in the fridge........ She puked all over the room and ran out, the "curry" was a dead old guys stomach sample (he must have had a good indian before he popped off).

Needless to say almost everyone in the lunch room ended up puking or gagging and no one EVER stole peoples dinner again.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The nastiest thing I have ever heard of is one my sisters "Granola" friend's saved her placenta after giving birth...

Hungry Hubby cooked and ate the thing as a "mid-night snack"......

Dude was puking for days.....

Freekin' Gross!!!!

:shock:
DaisyCutter

Post by DaisyCutter »

AlisoBob wrote:The nastiest thing I have ever heard of is one my sisters "Granola" friend's saved her placenta after giving birth...

Hungry Hubby cooked and ate the thing as a "mid-night snack"......

Dude was puking for days.....

Freekin' Gross!!!!

:shock:
Put some salt and pepper on it, then fling the placenta on the roof for 3-4 days. Cut it into strips and you've got some good jerky.