How I'm helping the Auto Industry

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
CRMOE500

How I'm helping the Auto Industry

Post by CRMOE500 »

I have to say that even though we seem to be in some sort of recession it has worked in my favour. Work is busy for me and with the price of new cars dropping all the time I figured that I should take full advantage of the situation. So when I spotted this deal sitting on the lot(it's been there since July) I snagged it. The car is a 05 300 Touring Edition 3.5V6 with only 15k and never seen winter. Fully loaded with every option except GPS and sunroof. The salesman even let me have the car for 2 days before buying it. So for 16 bills including the tint job and plates I couldn't be happier.
For Christmas my little bro got me the floor mats and steering wheel cover.Thanx Corey! I have 4 pearl white dice that I've been saving since I was 12. Dad said he will drill and tap them for valve stem covers once the weather is better.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

That like $8k US, or what!
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

mxracr121 wrote:That like $8k US, or what!
More like $13k US, but still a good deal.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
britincali

Post by britincali »

I had a guy come in last week to try to lower his payments, he was looking at getting a 12k truck which is all fine and dandy but he bought an 08 charger (new) from us 3 months ago.

I pulleed the old deal and when we sold the charger to him we lost $2300 to get rid of it (invoice was 24300 and we sold it for 22).

I ran a KBB on the charger and with 3000 miles it booked for 14,000 (base modle 2.7 v6) so the car was worth around 12k hard cash.

In 3 months he lost 10k, now that aint an unusual thing but it normally happenes to people who spend 40k and loose 10 in the first 6 months but for a 24k car to drop 10k (by the blue book cash value is always less) in 3 months is insane.

KBB, NADA and the auctions are killing the value of domestics.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

And at one time the 0% interest rates on new cars flooded the used car market and fucked up the car business overall and is still causing problems to this day. :lol:
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
britincali

Post by britincali »

One of the biggest roots causes was the domestics selling cars to the rental comapnaies dirt cheap, yes they were clearing inventory, yes the sales figures looked bitching but when those fukers hit the auction floor by the thousand.......

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Here is a link to the dealer where I bought my car. If you look close when you open it you'll see my car in the lot.
http://wellington.fivestardealers.ca/index.htm
If you look around you will find an 08 Charger SXT with no miles going for 20k. The guy who delivered it scratched the PS door on the trailer. Dodge REPLACED the door and found this dealer to sell it. The first dealer would not take the car back, so here it sits in the showroom waiting for the right buyer to take advantage of a great price. Who the fuck cares if the door was replaced. It's nearly 20k off the sticker price for a new car. These are good times if you are in the market for a new car.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
britincali

Post by britincali »

That 08 charger sxt is worth about 15k.......

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

[quote="britincali"]That 08 charger sxt is worth about 15k.......[/quote

15k for a new 08 Charger SXT with 38 miles? It's not exactly a used car. Well maybe in the States, but I doubt it.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Its worth what its worth, sure its a "deal" if you work from MSRP but do you want to be the guy who buys it for 20 then the next day tries to trade it in and find out its worth 15?

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

You lose that on any new car 5 seconds from the dealership. I don't know of anyone who would buy a car just to trade it in the next day. The dealer is always going to lowball you anyways cause they are in it to make money.
Selling a car privately will help.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Absoultly true.

Ive been doing this for 9 years now and Ive seen quite a few people try to trade within a week of buying a new car :roll:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

I've seen them too lol. They think just because the car is only a "week" old with no miles that it's worth 98% of the price they paid or more.
And how do you decide that you don't like something that you bought new after a week in the first place :roll: ?
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

CRMOE500 wrote:And how do you decide that you don't like something that you bought new after a week in the first place :roll: ?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaa
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

AlisoBob wrote:
CRMOE500 wrote:And how do you decide that you don't like something that you bought new after a week in the first place :roll: ?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaa
That would about do it! :lmao:
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

makes you wonder how those smug a-holes who traded into a hybrid and ate a shit load of equity feel now that gas is so cheap :lol: :lol: I've seen a pile of prius' with for sale signs lately! :lol: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80