I've got a major issue

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Mikki,

Thanks, I'm looking forward to doing yours, I've finished all of the legality issues and I'm working on costs, one of my issues for some of you is I've only done a GEN 3 125 but, all of the other conversions with the exception of the GEN 4 are much easier.

Tristan,

Did you get the manifold I sent you?

Thanks fella's
Last edited by teemtrubble on December 20th, 2007, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
tweav

Post by tweav »

No I did not get it yet. And no I would not mind having 1 of those fancy milled out Y's for my frame. But I think I'm doing the awd thing first ,because they said that is the only way I can have them fixture weld in the drive shaft mount and new head tube .
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Mik329 wrote:
TJC510 wrote:
Mik329 wrote:I talked to AJ a few months ago about this and that price you got is way different than what he gave me. He wanted 3 grand to do a four stroke and 1800 for a gen 3. This included frame, headstay, both Rads moded, brake lever mod, pipe and silencer. Pretty sure that 12 to 15 does not include anything but the frame work....
did you email AJ directly or someone esle at the shop?
I talked directly to AJ as I've had two of his bikes before and that 12 to 15 is bogus. I visited Teamtrubble last week and you guys are crazy if you send anything to AJ without thinking about having Mike do the work instead. I'm going to tear mine down and have Mike do it eventually. I've been to Service Honda and seen the work done there at their barn yard shop..... what Mike is doing is the difference between a Yugo to a BWM.
Here it is a year later and and Mik's comments above about the Teemtrubble Works Bikes have obviously been proven with the conclusion of Cepek's bike.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:headbang:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Mik329 wrote:I I've been to Service Honda and seen the work done there at their barn yard shop..... what Mike is doing is the difference between a Yugo to a BWM.

Service Honda's Shop

TTM Global Headquarters

The shop really has no bearing on the quality of the parts being produced. I've seen junk come from million dollar shops, and great work comes from Holes in the Wall.....

That said, there is a great difference in the two locations...... Make your own conclusions on where you want your bike built.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ok... I think I figured out why the SH bikes have quality issues...HE CAN'T SEE!! its like a dark dungeon!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
jEsTer

Post by jEsTer »

AlisoBob wrote:
Mik329 wrote:I I've been to Service Honda and seen the work done there at their barn yard shop..... what Mike is doing is the difference between a Yugo to a BWM.
The shop really has no bearing on the quality of the parts being produced. I've seen junk come from million dollar shops, and great work comes from Holes in the Wall.....

That said, there is a great difference in the two locations...... Make your own conclusions on where you want your bike built.
I agree that great things can come from meager surroundings, but for my $, call them and speak with the individual that will be putting his blood sweat and hopefully not too many tears into your bike. For my hard earned dough it is Mike hands down. I only had to speak with him once to decide where my $'s will be spent.
-Brad-
2001 CR500 Steelie
1999 FXSTB Custom
2004 BMW X5
1994 Ranger Prerunner
1999 XR70
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

AlisoBob wrote:

Service Honda's Shop (the dungeon)

Looking around Service Honda's Dungeon i discovered the root of the welding problem.

Marty Feldman (Welding Foreman)