Picked up an 05 250X, sell or trade?

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

the gen-1 boot is a lot longer and sites maybe 1/8" to 1/4" away from the airbox and the 1/8" lexan made it close enough.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

dannygraves wrote:the gen-1 boot is a lot longer and sites maybe 1/8" to 1/4" away from the airbox and the 1/8" lexan made it close enough.
Deffinately...i wouldn't work on trying to make the 02 boot fit, the gen1 boot is much longer for SURE and will fit alot closer then that...I did the same thing, i tried a gen3 boot with no luck whatsoveer and the gen 1 was basically easy as pie...the only hard part about using the lexan sheet is cutting the lexan itself to fit flush with the airbox...

Not the prettiest airbox, in fact i have since trimmed it alot cleaner, but it works and looks aloooot better then alot of airbox mods i've seen people come up with...
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, especially that diamond plade and flex hose home depot special on ebay :shock:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

dannygraves wrote:ya, especially that diamond plade and flex hose home depot special on ebay :shock:
:lol:

The airflow on that type of mod would be so much more limited then an actual honda oem boot. i wouldn't trust it on the 500...
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

juddy wrote:Please post some pics of how they are mounted.I have my engine rotated as forward as possible without notching the frame cradle and I still had to heat the tank and compress it.That is also with cutting away a section of the RHS of frame in front of peg (as pictured).I also end up with approx 3/4'' gap from airboot to airbox.Also the other issues Danny has mentioned.Posting some pics is the only way you will earn any credibility about your work from what I can see from other comments..... And it would be nice to SEE solutions to these problems if someone has overcome them.
slow old fuck wont help, wont contribute, wont offer any credible advise, and probly doesnt have a bike. i cant offer help with gen4 conversions because i havent done one but teem trubble could and will help you im sure :cool:
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

juddy wrote:Thanks Danny.At the moment I have an 02 CR 250 boot on there as it has the correct diameter for the carby and has more room than a stock 500 boot for the shock,but my shock is away at the moment so I cant see whether it clears or not.My plan is to get some 3/4" black neoprene and drill and tap from both sides to make an adaptor flange.Check out the pic,did your boot sit somewhere similar ? No matter what.....the flanges are different so some kind of adaptor plate is needed,so how can SOF have a non modified airbox ? :shock:

Mine is a gen 4 450,I did not notch the frame on the clutch side but I did on my 03 450 conversion. Notching the frame is not a problem and will allow you to lower motor more so plug will not hit tank. if you have a x model the tank is Different ?
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

100hp honda wrote:
juddy wrote:Please post some pics of how they are mounted.I have my engine rotated as forward as possible without notching the frame cradle and I still had to heat the tank and compress it.That is also with cutting away a section of the RHS of frame in front of peg (as pictured).I also end up with approx 3/4'' gap from airboot to airbox.Also the other issues Danny has mentioned.Posting some pics is the only way you will earn any credibility about your work from what I can see from other comments..... And it would be nice to SEE solutions to these problems if someone has overcome them.
slow old fuck wont help, wont contribute, wont offer any credible advise, and probly doesnt have a bike. i cant offer help with gen4 conversions because i havent done one but teem trubble could and will help you im sure :cool:
Some of you guy's are just fag's! and require special attention like a 3 year old. NOBODY HELD MY HAND WHEN I WAS ABOUT THE FIRST TO DO A GEN 3 450 and a GEN 4 450! I have no pictures of my bikes because I do not care. I do have a picture of me with my some of my street bikes. I will see if I can get pictures going but it is not my main priority and you know why because I could not give a shit about show and tell like a 2 year old!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Slow old Fart wrote:
100hp honda wrote:
Some of you guy's are just fag's! and require special attention like a 3 year old. NOBODY HELD MY HAND WHEN I WAS ABOUT THE FIRST TO DO A GEN 3 450 and a GEN 4 450! I have no pictures of my bikes because I do not care. I do have a picture of me with my some of my street bikes. I will see if I can get pictures going but it is not my main priority and you know why because I could not give a shit about show and tell like a 2 year old!
I can't speak for everyone, but I want to see your bikes to get an idea of how your conversions turned out and to see how clean you were able to get that gen-4. if you don't care to help the community your are part of here by snapping a few shot then fuck off!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

dannygraves wrote:I can't speak for everyone, but I want to see your bikes to get an idea of how your conversions turned out and to see how clean you were able to get that gen-4. if you don't care to help the community your are part of here by snapping a few shot then fuck off!
Posting some pics might help someone with a build or idea for another way to do something.

Actually, I think SOF thrives on the attention.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

If Farty dosent post some photos by Monday, He's off into the wild blue yonder'
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Slow old Fart wrote:
100hp honda wrote:
No one held my hand either, but I didn't come here looking for that. I built my bike myself, but with the help of the people here, now that I am done, I will gladly offer any help or photos to anyone who wants them. I didn't know how to load pictures either but I learned. This site is not show and tell it is enthusiasts who are proud of their acomplishments and who are here to talk about and share ideas to help others wanting to do the same thing for them selves. :cool:
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

AlisoBob wrote:If Farty dosent post some photos by Monday, He's off into the wild blue yonder'

:nyah:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Bye Scott!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

haha aw i'm kinda rooting for SOF...why don't you just take a fucking picture of some of your machines? i take a picture every step of the way, every time i do something new on my bikes. Sorry for using this picture technology us humans have developed over a century for eductational purposes, i know it's soooo gay, and dude, I know you weren't pointing fingers but if you called me a fucking FAG to my face you'd be fucked up...FAST!

So post some pictures... :roll:
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

JBaze wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote:
100hp honda wrote: slow old fuck wont help, wont contribute, wont offer any credible advise, and probly doesnt have a bike. i cant offer help with gen4 conversions because i havent done one but teem trubble could and will help you im sure :cool:
No one held my hand either, but I didn't come here looking for that. I built my bike myself, but with the help of the people here, now that I am done, I will gladly offer any help or photos to anyone who wants them. I didn't know how to load pictures either but I learned. This site is not show and tell it is enthusiasts who are proud of their acomplishments and who are here to talk about and share ideas to help others wanting to do the same thing for them selves. :cool:
That i can live with but I get tired of the insult's as far as Bob throwing me off the site do you think I give 2 shit's? HELL NO!!!!!!!!
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

Balaclava wrote:haha aw i'm kinda rooting for SOF...why don't you just take a fucking picture of some of your machines? i take a picture every step of the way, every time i do something new on my bikes. Sorry for using this picture technology us humans have developed over a century for eductational purposes, i know it's soooo gay, and dude, I know you weren't pointing fingers but if you called me a fucking FAG to my face you'd be fucked up...FAST!

So post some pictures... :roll:
You think Bob is Big?
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

DUDE!!! i was breaking your balls...and sorry to say it homie i'm a 2X national boxing champion, and a world junior competitor...

Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Slow old Fart wrote:That i can live with but I get tired of the insult's as far as Bob throwing me off the site do you think I give 2 shit's? HELL NO!!!!!!!!
The verbal jabs or insults as you call them would come to a screeching halt if you would just post some pictures of the bikes you point to as examples of your work or having a better way of correcting an issue.

It's real easy, put up or shut up.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

Balaclava wrote:DUDE!!! i was breaking your balls...and sorry to say it homie i'm a 2X national boxing champion, and a world junior competitor...

well than you would kick my ass just don't let me sit on you.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

teemtrubble wrote:.223
That's just like someone who has spent to much time in the military.
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

Slow old Fart wrote:
juddy wrote:Thanks Danny.At the moment I have an 02 CR 250 boot on there as it has the correct diameter for the carby and has more room than a stock 500 boot for the shock,but my shock is away at the moment so I cant see whether it clears or not.My plan is to get some 3/4" black neoprene and drill and tap from both sides to make an adaptor flange.Check out the pic,did your boot sit somewhere similar ? No matter what.....the flanges are different so some kind of adaptor plate is needed,so how can SOF have a non modified airbox ? :shock:

Mine is a gen 4 450,I did not notch the frame on the clutch side but I did on my 03 450 conversion. Notching the frame is not a problem and will allow you to lower motor more so plug will not hit tank. if you have a x model the tank is Different ?
I take that back on my GEN 4 he made a notch by drilling the casting out a little to lower it to where the tank does not hit. I actually have like a half inch with the shorty plug.