99 GEN1 Conversion Completed (Finally)

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Nate

Post by Nate »

Nice one looks good : ]
--------www.UK2stroke.freeforums.org----------------
Wheelie-Gene

Post by Wheelie-Gene »

How can a piss-ant 250f grenade an engine. What happened to Honda's 4-banger engines outlasting the bike?

Anyway, their loss, your gain.

Keep the 1st one, build the 2nd one and start a collection.
2nd gen SSS street hooligan
83 CR480
83 XL600
97 VFR750
Kawasaki H1-F
Suzuki Titan
HondaHarley
83 CB1100F
atank

Post by atank »

Wheelie-Gene with the economy about to implode, looks like I will be keeping her and holding on to as much cash as I can, even if its not going to be worth the paper its printed on! :?
Wheelie-Gene

Post by Wheelie-Gene »

Imploding more than it already has is more like it.

Yeah....it's sad. If you total the cost of parts and figure the hard-assed labor you put into the thing, there's no way the average Joe Blow would fork out that much cash.

It'll be worthwhile to load it up and haul it to a few bike shows before you take it out and get moto rash on the thing.

Looks cool....Came out sweet.
Makes me want to go out and work on mine.
I just ate my 2 tacos and as soon as I finish my beer I'm heading to the shop.

Later,
Gene.
Last edited by Wheelie-Gene on September 25th, 2008, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
83 CR480
83 XL600
97 VFR750
Kawasaki H1-F
Suzuki Titan
HondaHarley
83 CB1100F
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Wheelie-Gene wrote:How can a piss-ant 250f grenade an engine. What happened to Honda's 4-banger engines outlasting the bike?

Anyway, their loss, your gain.

The old xr's lasted great. I don't see how come they can't build a reliable motor for the CRF's. Although I have to admit and I don't know why, I really like the 09's. Anyway, again thats a nice build ATANK. I like the Gen 1's.
chachi243

Post by chachi243 »

Wheelie-Gene wrote:
best advice ever.... i wish i wouldnt have sold my first build although its still owned by my buddy and he loves it and appreciates every bit of the work and effort .....so its cool, BUT
ive kept the other 2 i built for me personally and it is addicting!!! Hard to put a price on the satisfaction of knowing you built it...and a damn fine job might i add....
that year shroud graphics is my favorite of the gen 1s!!!
Wheelie-Gene

Post by Wheelie-Gene »

Even just having an old steelie is something to brag on.
Owning a conversion is something a lot of people dream about (I did/do).
Having one that wasn't built w/a check book makes it even more special (not that there's anything wrong w/that). You built it yourself (as a lot of us here do) and you (we all) can be proud of that. For all the flack that the 1st gens get, it's by far nothing to frown about.

I look at my old 600 that I built. I could have done a far better job if I knew then what I know now....but I won't change it. That reflects my capabilities then, and my 500 will show what I can do now.
Just like the old Biscayne that I rodded many years ago, I won't ever change it either. My Camaro will eventually be a complete different animal, better techniques, newer ideas.

It's hard to realize doing something different and better than what you did on your 1st gen. Keep it, build another....guaranteed you'll come up with something new.

Then you can really throw shit at the 500af wanna-bees for having 2 home-built machines.
83 CR480
83 XL600
97 VFR750
Kawasaki H1-F
Suzuki Titan
HondaHarley
83 CB1100F
Wheelie-Gene

Post by Wheelie-Gene »

Even just having an old steelie is something to brag on.
Owning a conversion is something a lot of people dream about (I did/do).
Having one that wasn't built w/a check book makes it even more special (not that there's anything wrong w/that). You built it yourself (as a lot of us here do) and you (we all) can be proud of that. For all the flack that the 1st gens get, it's by far nothing to frown about.

I look at my old 600 that I built. I could have done a far better job if I knew then what I know now....but I won't change it. That reflects my capabilities then, and my 500 will show what I can do now.
Just like the old Biscayne that I rodded many years ago, I won't ever change it either. My Camaro will eventually be a complete different animal, better techniques, newer ideas.

It's hard to realize doing something different and better than what you did on your 1st gen. Keep it, build another....guaranteed you'll come up with something new.

Then you can really throw shit at the 500af wanna-bees for having 2 home-built machines.
83 CR480
83 XL600
97 VFR750
Kawasaki H1-F
Suzuki Titan
HondaHarley
83 CB1100F