Mesquite MX 09/14/08

Gather Up for IGG'S BIRFDAY BASH @ DOVE SPRINGS!! March 16-18 2012
dannygraves

Mesquite MX 09/14/08

Post by dannygraves »

so we are going for the opening weekend
http://www.mesquitemx.com/index.htm

I have never ridden an MX track and will bring the cam corder so stay tuned for some funny ass vids :wink: Hopefully I don't hurt myself before dunes season. I will probably roll over everything slow for the first couple laps, then maybe get good at hitting the table tops before I even attempt any doubles or triples.
MDFB, Brian from thumpertalk, Jason and myself are going. I will be the only of my group on a 500, and possibly the only one there on a 500. Hopefully I will get some good tips from the more experienced MX riders there.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: Mesquite MX 09/14/08

Post by AlisoBob »

dannygraves wrote:
I have never ridden an MX track and will bring the cam corder so stay tuned for some funny ass vids .
Sneak Preview...

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

hey, don't jynx me now! (knocking on wood)
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Make sure to wear brand new gear, and say to everyone.. " Watch this!"

:twisted:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Bob, don't be a dick! and I intentionally have not put anything new on myself or the bike... I'm hungarian and thus very superstisious.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I put the "Whamma- Jamma" on you.....

Double Collar bone.....

:wink:
iggys-amsoil

Re: Mesquite MX 09/14/08

Post by iggys-amsoil »

dannygraves wrote:so we are going for the opening weekend
http://www.mesquitemx.com/index.htm

I will probably roll over everything slow for the first couple laps, then maybe get good at hitting the table tops before I even attempt any doubles or triples.
Even though your like 25 years younger than don't even try or let ANYone pressure you into trying a double. Trips? those are out of the question. Trust the old wise one. :lol:

And like that video, don't even sit when you hit the face of the jump.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I'm seriously thinking about being a total puss this time and only hitting the tables, then rolling everything else. I'm mostly excited to be on a conditioned track with berms, soft tacky dirt and best of all... NO ROCKS! :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

isnt the 14th the banned ride?
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yyeaaaahhhh boyyyeeesss!!!!! That was so much FUCKING FUN! I had so much damn fun, I forgot to bust out the camera.
there were 2 tracks for us the ride, the little qwad/warm up track (where I spent most of the day) and the uber sicky gnar gnars track-0-DOOM that was waaayy too much track for me, but the hill in the middle was awesome on the 500. :wink:
the thing that got me is that I simply don't do jumps... just not my thing. 10 seconds into the first ride I accidentally launched the frist jump and the shit eating grin didn't go away all damn day.
I was having some issues getting distance and really clearing stuff, but had a freaken blast anyway!
I ate in once, so I was actually laughing when it happened. They had just watered that track and on my first lap I hit a patch of clay and the next thing you know I'm on my ass next to my bike sliding in this super slick stuff for a good 20 - 30 feet, I was laughing my ass off while wondering when I was going to stop! :shock:
the big track was a full on pro track with some full on pro guys who HAUL ASS! Justin was being a show off and hitting the big finishline tabletop that was freaken huge, but I mostly had fun on the huge hill climb right in the middle of the track, it was all tacky and was the only time I got to open up my bike and also the only point of that track where not only did no one pass me, but I was gaining on the guys in front :wink: Jason was tearing it up and dumping it a lot, but I was really impressed with how quickly he took to it. He was clearing everything after the first hour or so. I took Justin 450 for a few laps and found that I (shitty not skilled rider) was much fast on that cheating machine. Of coarse my asshole sucked in some seat foam when I went over a small jump and only slightly let off the gas resulting in some mid air engine breaking :shock:
Since Brian seems to really like the track and the rest of us had a blast, I imagine we will be going there a lot. Kinda sucks because its almost as far away as dumont, but was definitly worth the trip!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80