socal newb

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
tacogrande

socal newb

Post by tacogrande »

I'm in the Army, just got stationed out at Fort Irwin near Barstow and picked up a 93 to rip around the desert on. I've been overseas for a few years and grew up riding, but I'm a little rusty. I have always wanted a 500 and I got a great deal on it ($1500 with fresh top end and desert tank) and this is the perfect place to unleash the full potential of this beast. I was out on the dry lake last night breaking in a new tire and damn I love 5th gear. I just put a new gnarly on it tonight and quicksteeled a cracked silencer, as well as went through and torqued every freakin' bolt that rattled loose from the last ride. So what kind of bars do you guys run to keep the vibes down? It's got protapers on it now but I get chainsaw hands after a while-

EDIT: I'll be out at Lucerne riding the MDR racecourse on Monday, Sep. 1st if anyone wants to take a lap with me, I'll have a chase crew for medical/mechanical support and a fuel cache midway if you don't have a desert tank- I'll be in the black Tacoma with a bunch of race trucks on main/ pit road around 9:00 a.m. (it gets real hot real fast out here). Friday Aug 29th I'll be riding from Coyote dry lake to Yermo-Barstow if anyone is interested in a more moderate/novice run.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Welcome aboard!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Well its a great time of year to get stationed out there with fall coming.

Calico and Rainbow basin are very senic places to ride. Throw a paddle on there and head out to Dumont. See Dumont thread. I can't make it.

And welcome.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
Travis

Post by Travis »

Welcome
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
tacogrande

Post by tacogrande »

iggys-amsoil wrote:Well its a great time of year to get stationed out there with fall coming.

Calico and Rainbow basin are very senic places to ride. Throw a paddle on there and head out to Dumont. See Dumont thread. I can't make it.

And welcome.
I think I have to regear to ride Calico without smoking a clutch, it gets pretty rough out there on some of those rock crawler trails. I have driven some of rainbow basin in my truck, but didn't see too many trails out there. Last weekend we rode Red Mountain and parts of the course for the district 37 race, but my bike nor I am in good enough shape to race this season. Next year maybe. Thanks for the welcome guys. I've got an 8 and a 10 paddle for the dunes, I need to find a spare rim though. I hate wrastlin' rubber just for one weekends ride-
Socal Hoon
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

welcome aboard,
and thank you for your service :cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

lewisclan wrote:welcome aboard,
and thank you for your service :cool:
+1 :clink:
atank

Post by atank »

Good to have you man, and good of you to keep defending this Great Free Nation , I would liove to ride with you, but being here in Georgia your a long way out. :)
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Welcome
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Red958

Post by Red958 »

Welcome. Nice bike for $1500, perfect for buzzing around the Mojave.
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

Welcome !!