longest ride time ive had to date, questions + i squeeked it

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

:lol: gota love that stink eye. :lol:
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

AlisoBob wrote:From Glenn:

glenn wrote: Bob , the store in AZ. At Queen Creek is still open for all business. Jay Lewis uses johns store for all his needs ask him how he likes the service? The address there is 4-pointscycle garage (GSS) P.O Box 1010 Queen Creek,AZ.85242 (480)329-0236 Or www.jlhowell@asu.edu he can take care of any and all business.I am trying to get well I'm doing small jobs but nothing large at this time .I hope to be back in good health by Sept.2008. small work (boring,honing,some porting but things that there is no time limit on. Thanks for asking.Glen ( TEAM GSS) NAHA #42 19 year member of the NAHA

Is john just as good as glenn or do i need to seek other alternatives.. Loomis maybe :P
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Glen says he is just as good if not better
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

ill say it again, thanks you guys so much, you guys are frickin awsome and without a doubt will be responsible for my bike bieng back in the dirt in no time flat. Paul's got me set up with a local machine guy who does all his work and a hookup on the gaskets and top end . gotta get the radiators sorted out and all it should be after that is waiting on parts, tommarow after work im going to pull the rest of the motor and start flushing with diesel, i will paint it and repaint the frame since its going to be all apart anyway ( it was hard to get to places with the motor in before and i got overspray on some stuff) when all is said and done my beast will look sweet and run wicked, thanks to all of you guys!!
Jay

I break stuff
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

iggys-amsoil wrote::lol: gota love that stink eye. :lol:
X2
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

WOW :shock: I am asked about the GSS Machine shop !Top notch I have 2 motors from them swingarms, pipes, pie pans, heads, and I orderd a intake last week from John. these guys are the best they ride what they build ........... cant get any better :cool:

corection 2 hill climbers and 1 trail port motors
Last edited by lewisclan on March 4th, 2008, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
britincali

Post by britincali »

lewisclan wrote: these guys are the best they ride what they build ........... cant get any better :cool:
+1

Ive hammered the shit out of mine and no issues whatsoever definate A+ in my book :D
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Jay, make sure you check that rod and the rest of the bottom end (grinding, bearing play, etc.). As much as it sucks to have to split cases, if it's worth doing, its worth doing right!! Especially when you are doing it on our pay roll!! :wink:
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

M.F.D.B. wrote:Jay, make sure you check that rod and the rest of the bottom end (grinding, bearing play, etc.). As much as it sucks to have to split cases, if it's worth doing, its worth doing right!! Especially when you are doing it on our pay roll!! :wink:
fo sho! Paul's coming over tommarow after work and were gonna go through and see whats up with this beast.. definitly wanna do it right.. and once :D
Jay

I break stuff
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

I can feel the love :wink:
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

Paul just left a few mins ago.. i appearantly the rod stretched a bit and thats why the piston exploded, its got a little tiny bit of up and down play in it ( in addition to some wiered marks on the side where its been hitting the inside wall of the crank..very odd) enough that things decided not to fit anymore. :evil: :evil: :evil: no pinche bueno situation.. 6 rides and its over, lol. hes gonna hook me up with his honda discount which is pretty sic, hes going to find out what all the stuff i need totals out to pretty soon.. thsi is gonna be costly..check out my new sig.. its pretty fitting, :) the coolest thing about today is a got an autographed Paul Stoffers poster :cool: :cool:
Jay

I break stuff
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Cool deal, Stoffy Boy is a cool dude...

I was gonna have him autograph my ass but I didnt have a razer to shave with, maybe next time?? :wink:

Spend our money wisely!! :lol: :cool:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

since you are gonna have to split the cases, now would be a good time to replace the seals and inspect all bearings and trans components. nothing is worse than a fresh rebuild, then having a trans gear go out! :evil:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

bigjay wrote:ill say it again, thanks you guys so much, you guys are frickin awsome and without a doubt will be responsible for my bike bieng back in the dirt in no time flat. Paul's got me set up with a local machine guy who does all his work and a hookup on the gaskets and top end . gotta get the radiators sorted out and all it should be after that is waiting on parts, tommarow after work im going to pull the rest of the motor and start flushing with diesel, i will paint it and repaint the frame since its going to be all apart anyway ( it was hard to get to places with the motor in before and i got overspray on some stuff) when all is said and done my beast will look sweet and run wicked, thanks to all of you guys!!
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... 7997#27997

:?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

M.F.D.B. wrote: Spend our money wisely!!

:evileye:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

AlisoBob wrote:
M.F.D.B. wrote: Spend our money wisely!!

:evileye:
:hiding:
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

:bs:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

please read my post here, give me a call when you read that Bob... or anyone involved (209) 608-0117

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... php?t=2617
Jay

I break stuff
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

since your rebuilding it anyways might as well go ALL BALLS. heres a sik port job :lol:

http://bannedcr500riders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2703
ou812

Post by ou812 »

:idea: , that some sweet info