HELP

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Hmb

HELP

Post by Hmb »

As the title

Can't get no spark on the 500. New plugs. New cap. New lead. New coil. 2 new cdis. Stator and pick up tested ok. Any ideas?
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

i'll assume you have pulled the plug, grounded it on the engine and kicked it over, preferably at night?
unplug your kill switch, check the wiring, make sure something hasn't rubbed through and grounding it out.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Hmb

Post by Hmb »

Yes done all that. However I've found the two wires from the pick up had snapped. Resoldered and now have spark. But other than backfiring no starty.

But I'm a million times in front of where I was.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Back firing sounds like timing is off. there's not much adjustment with the stock stator, either you have the wrong CDI which I'm not sure if that would cause that or somethings up with the flywheel, missing key, sheared or ??

then again it could be something else, I have a Banshee that runs like a raped ape, but after I wash it I can't get it started,and it back fires, once dried out it all good, as I never run it in the rain and I'm lazy I never got around to trouble shooting why, probably a bad ground?
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Hmb

Post by Hmb »

When I say backfiring its like as you kick it through slowly to get tdc, it'll pop and knock your leg up. The timing hasn't been touched and it ran before it had its electrical issue.