New to cr need some help

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Frankinbike13

New to cr need some help

Post by Frankinbike13 »

Got a 87 motor gonna do a complete rebuild and put it in my 426 frame(long story). I bought the motor online had it shipped, it got damaged on the right side got all messed up. The clutch cover, the inner clutch cover, clutch basket and the crank case. I bought a new inner cover, gonna have the crankcase welded. My welder wants to know what it's made of before he starts. Also pretty sure these marks are from casting, just wanna make sure before I dump more money into this. thanks Any help would be appreciated I can't get pics to work[/u][/list][/url]
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

The right side cover with the water pump is Mag, if he welds it make sure to video :lol: when it catches fire, stand back and spray water on it :twisted:

There is a good chance that the water pump is corroded, I think you can still get the replacements for less than $200, if the guy you bought from did a pisspoor job shipping you should look for some refund.

The crankcase is aluminum,
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Frankinbike13

Post by Frankinbike13 »

I am in the process of getting my money back from a ups claim,but for whatever reason ups only deals with the sender. Who knows if I will ever see any of it.

Anyway I already bought the water pump, because I read it was made if mag. Can not get one for that year but I got one for a newer bike. The case he is welding is the right side crankcase.
CR525Bruce

Post by CR525Bruce »

[quote="Kuma"]The right side cover with the water pump is Mag, if he welds it make sure to video :lol: when it catches fire, stand back and spray water on it :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Frankinbike13 wrote:I am in the process of getting my money back from a ups claim,but for whatever reason ups only deals with the sender. Who knows if I will ever see any of it.

Anyway I already bought the water pump, because I read it was made if mag. Can not get one for that year but I got one for a newer bike. The case he is welding is the right side crankcase.
The newer one is what you want, will interchange with the old ones, aluminum so won't corrode like the mag and if you want to upgrade to a new clutch basket, you are good to go.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!