My new A/F build

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
I TIG welded and cleaned my frame up lastweek, nice and tidy ready for assembly. :cool:
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
I have bolted up the new FmF chamber and baffle, made some mounts. the One on the end of the expansion chamber is a stainless stain heavy duty hoses clamp with a female to male threaded rubber mount tightened onto the 6mm thread on the clamp. (the bolt does not go all the way through mount like it looks), hope it works. :D
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Also I have done the adapter mod for the airbox. I used 3mm alum plate, with the cr250 99 boot, cage and filter.
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
The radiator hoses fitted up really good after I found what I needed. I brought two heater hoses which were off a Holden VN V8. The bends are sweet gets the hoses away from the tank and misses the frame. A good find. :lol:
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
This is my custom headstay. I know a few of yous said not to use the cross type headstay but I did........hope I have no trouble with it :oops: The CDI box and coil is hidden away under the tank, I didn't want to extend the wires to the stator or Cdi box, like it or hate it.
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Almost finished my build now, Cant wait to go racing flat track this year.
I had a Cr250 98 seat laying around so I took the cover off it and its on my Cr500 A/f build now, I like it. The picture with the red and black plastics are just a mock up, they are the ones which came with the bike, Im not using them. I have New White UFO 8 piece plastics kit, Honda wing shroud graphic kit with numberplate backgrounds, Gold rims with red hubs coming and lots of Aftermarket parts, so Christmas is still here :D
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

will you please post the info for that snakey hose!
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Looking good, if any issues with the head stay, it seems you have the skills to build and weld in the recomended type.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Mackay Heater Hose Statesman CH1688
Click to enlarge Price: AU$14.60
Availability: In Stock
Model: CH1688
Manufacturer: Mackay
Average Rating: Not Rated

Mackay Heater Hose HOLDEN COMMODORE STATESMAN VS-VQ series 11 5.0 Litre V8 water valve to heater 1995-1997, HOLDEN COMMODORE STATESMAN VP-VQ Series 11 5.0 Litre V8 Water valve to heater 1991-1994, HOLDEN COMMODORE STATESMAN VN-VQ-VG 5.0 Litre V8 water valve to heater 1988-19914, HOLDEN COMMODORE STATESMAN VR-VQ Series 11 5.0 Litre V8 water valve to heater 1994-1995

www.onlineautomotive.com.au/Mackay-Heat ... man-CH1688

I hope this helps mate, I used two of these hoses and cut down the straighter end to suit the top radiator inlets. As you can see by the pictures that my hoses have a big loop in them, this just adds a little more coolant to the capacity. :lol:
Waz

Post by Waz »

So a VN commy is actually useful :D haha.

Nice looking conversion mate,

What is the muffler off exactly?
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Hi there WAZ, ''yeah the old VN''. I found the heater hoses at super-cheap auto for a good price. The exhaust system I used is a cr500 2001 FMF gnarly gold series expansion chamber with the Cr500 2001 Powercore2 silencer. The pipe fitted up fairly easy, but I had to cut the rear mount off the end of the expansion chamber. (it hit the frame around the area of the sub-frame bracket on my build) hope this helps bro :D
speedway501

Post by speedway501 »

Looking good Rob!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

lambofgod85 wrote:.... but I had to cut the rear mount off the end of the expansion chamber. (it hit the frame around the area of the sub-frame bracket on my build) hope this helps bro :D
I wanted mine to look oem, so I looped the pipe around the subframe.

Easy-Peasy....

Heres the silencer, mounted with twin mounts

I combined two head pipes to make a clean detour around the subframe

lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
As you can see, my white UFO plastic kit turn up yesterday and I have bolted them up. I had my cr250 98 stolen 3 months ago which sucked but the dickheads left the seat behind which was off due to a air filter service. so I used the seat cover and form with the crf450 base. It goes hand in hand with the new engine and look. Just waiting for my graphics and my gold wheel set. Then off to the dyno for a tune. see how much the 500 puts out. My guess is around 60rwhp. :D
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
This is the front sprocket cover I designed and cut out, Also I painted the engine covers and water pump housing to break up the silver.
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
My new wheel set arrived on Wednesday, so off they went to get some new Dunlop tyres put on, now just waiting for my graphic kit and race number backgrounds. barrrrrrrrp. :cool:
cryzsurfer

My new A/F build

Post by cryzsurfer »

That's fappable looking hardware you have there. I really dig how you mounted the black box in the little alloy box. I have a problem on an 01 YZ250 motor in an 05 alloy frame and the black box is huge compared to the 05 on up. Have it on the steering head right now but don't get max turning. Going to use your idea. :lol:
Craigus
mxdogger

Post by mxdogger »

Sweet looking bike with a new approach to that weird y on the early frames, awesome job !
Waz

Post by Waz »

Thanks again on the hose info rob,
Worked on my 2002 cr250 convo AND rmx convo.
Local parts guy was alittle baffled why I needed a few of them :lol: