Jetting Baseline with 39PWK

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
JasonB

Jetting Baseline with 39PWK

Post by JasonB »

Just wanted to get a few more opinions on this. Never had a 500 or rode one etc so this is brand new to me. I have an idea on jetting but could use some input on where to start

88 motor with a head set up for 93 octane. Boyesen reeds

sectional hand made pipe (Bills pipe). Similar geometrically to the PC more than anything despite having less bends

stock ignition and bore, cast piston nothing special

I just bought a DGN needle, 45 and 48 pilot jets, and have main jets ranging from 170-200. I was thinking start with 48 pilot jet and 172 main jet. Located in MO so I think im around 500 feet elevation
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

I'm at 1900 ft,
CGJ needle, 175, 55, on "41.5 mm" Sudco modded 39mm pwk.

Probably doesn't help you at all!
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

You need to use the search feature and look at the stickys, there is a shitload of jetting threads with all the answers :spank:
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Kuma wrote:You need to use the search feature and look at the stickys, there is a shitload of jetting threads with all the answers :spank:
Thanks Kuma....

:clink:
JasonB

Post by JasonB »

Ya I have already done a lot of searches I just figured it wouldn't hurt to post whore a little on here. I came up with the base line I posted up, just figured I'd ask the hoons again
jar944

Post by jar944 »

JasonB wrote:Ya I have already done a lot of searches I just figured it wouldn't hurt to post whore a little on here. I came up with the base line I posted up, just figured I'd ask the hoons again
Honestly there are SO many variables its unlikely that anything suggested will be exactly right for your bike.

I tried the std 4X/DGN but it was so far off for my setup it was laughable.
JasonB

Post by JasonB »

ya I will just be doing a shit load of plug chops. need to do some searches and figure out what people run for plugs around here. Finally looking at running the engine for the first time and im STOKED. Cant wait to hear it fire up, never messed with one of these before
BrianPaul69

39.5 PWK Jetting

Post by BrianPaul69 »

I have a 95 CR500 and run a 39.5 PWK from carb parts warehouse. It came with a 175 main, 55 pilot, CEJ needle and I'm not sure what the slide is. I have a Pro Circuit Platinum pipe, FMF silencer, Vforce3 reeds, run 93 ethanol free gas with a BR8EG plug. Runs very strong, instant throttle response and no blubbering on top end. I'm also at sea level "Wilmington NC". I recently swapped this carb over to my 84 CR500 and never had to touch the jetting. Hope this helps ya out.