can someone give me an engine serial # off a 96??

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
kball1313

can someone give me an engine serial # off a 96??

Post by kball1313 »

Trying to order a new left case for my 96 motor, sent a fax of the title to honda but honda america wants an engine number too to go with it. Don't have the tag on the proper case.
If if doesn't kill you, it hurts like hell.
Quads are dirtbikes for fat kids.
kball1313

Post by kball1313 »

Anyone?? There's gotta be a 96 engine somewhere out there.
black

Post by black »

Go to mrcycles.com and order it from there part list, all 90 to 01 is the same or am I not getting your question? :roll:
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

black wrote:Go to mrcycles.com and order it from there part list, all 90 to 01 is the same or am I not getting your question? :roll:

No, you're not getting it. He needs the engine serial number, found on the left engine case. Honda does this to be sure you're not trying to buy a case for a stolen bike or motor, and changing the numbers.
All the cases are the same in later years, so really you could use anyones. Just dont go back to the same shop you tried to buy from the first time, if you're worried about them catching you using a different number. I have a 99, but I'm 2000 miles from that bike. I can't help you, sorry.
kball1313

Post by kball1313 »

Scooters got it. Each year has a certain production run. 1990 starts w 50****, 95 would be 95####, etc I just figured it would be most accurate to give an actual number that exists. I bought a right case no problem and any other new part you could want. Honda is the only one that does this as far as I know.
stu460

ill have one too

Post by stu460 »

can i have some ones case numbers for a stolen 500 i have,,thanks cool...lol :cool:
THE TOE CUTTER,HE KNOWS WHO I AM!