Hotrods crankshaft

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
chilwil86

Hotrods crankshaft

Post by chilwil86 »

so what is the bottom line, acceptable or no.
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

just about to order one for my" new" 98 motor , i have sold seven of them to sprint cart racers , word is they are great and smooter than stock crank ,but not as smooth as balanced,but close enough that no one is getting them rebalanced, plus the sprint guys turn the motor 8300 to 9200 rpm ,,,, thats what i know about it
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I've had a couple here also, no complaints from anyone.
The hot rods have 1 less roller and larger pins on the big end than oem,Wiseco,prox,versah rods do.
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

hey incase anybody is interested i have a nice nice used stock crank and,a used balanced one /with hot rods rod i will part with...
chilwil86

Post by chilwil86 »

awesome thank guys
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

OUTKAST INC. wrote:hey incase anybody is interested i have a nice nice used stock crank and,a used balanced one /with hot rods rod i will part with...
So what was your opinion of the balance crank?
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

sorry dont know , havent run it , bought it for this build but decided to go new hot rods instead , it had been run in a sprint cart and i wouldnt have used without it being gone thru , new rod and bearings ect , and the new hot rods crank is a great price since my shop is a western power sports dealer , just going that way instead ... again all my sprint customers say the balance cranks are way smoother , dont know if any body ever paid attention when the cr480s were new but you could rev them and watch the seat drop about an inch and a half from the vibration screwing with the shock spring frequency. less vibes better...
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

All the good ones squat the spring. The nasty ones lift it :lol:
Kinda true tho.
I had an af that'd make the shock spring invisible just off idle and it was the smoothest motor at ride rpm
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

built a polaris chassis with a rotax 809 triple in it , dyno 186 hp , would turn 8300 couldnt get it to rev higher no matter what clutching i threw at it, plus it would crack the pipes every other ride and shook the pull starter off a couple times , remember that for a couple of seasons fliud balancer was selling sled , applications , found one and all of a sudden it would turn 8650 all day long , pull more clutching , and no more broken pipes , thats a bunch of hp on a sled to turn 350 more rpm , at least ten , vibration robs hp for sure....