One more Brit joining the gang...

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
Ed21

One more Brit joining the gang...

Post by Ed21 »

Hey fellow hoons, thought i'd better introduce myself as i've posted a few questions now without making myself known.

Have to say the site has been a superb source of information for my new AF build.

I've owned a couple of steelies over the years, first was a 87 that was in all honesty a wreck that was just a field bike, second was a very nice 93 that i owned for all of 5 weeks before some fu**er nicked it along with my brothers bike, a mates kx500 and pretty much every tool i ever owned...

Since then i've been a four stroke whore up until recently when i brought my first KTM 200 which many on here may not agree with but have to say it's the best enduro/hare,hounds bike i've owned.

Whats made me do the AF conversion is apart from wanting one forever it's the low value of my gorgeous CRF250 (gen 4) when i decided to replace it with the KTM, so rather than let it go for peanuts it's getting hooned into a trick street 500 supermoto and possibly keeping all the MX parts to put it back to off road trim if i decide to take it on the occasional practice day.

No pics of progress yet as to be honest there isn't a huge amount of it, largely just been parting out the unneeded CRF bits and sourcing the CR500 motor, a full write up will be posted when it's eventually getting properly underway.

Brief overview of my plans:

. Gen 4 CRF250 chassis
. Year 2000 CR500 motor (A right pain in the arse to find for fair money i must add, eventually found one for £1200 fully rebuilt with carb, electrics and additional 39.5 brand new carb, kicker, shifter, torque plate, throttle and new complete hose set, took 4 months of searching though!!).
. New version of Service Honda's digital ignition pre ordered.
. White Power forks taken from KTM 690 SMC i'm currently breaking.
. Brembo 320 front brake also taken from 690 SMC.
. Ohlins rear, (Looking for one if anyone has one for sale)
. GMX Rad's and Tank.
. Hydraulic clutch also pinched from the 690 SMC
. May possibly also mount the headlight and cowl from the 690 SMC but may end up looking too KTM ish.
. Alpina Carbon Matrix wheels (Very expensive i know!!!)
. Colour scheme will be black engine with red fittings, anodized red finished powdercoated frame/subframe, black chrome finish powdercoated swingarm, carbon wrapped black plastics, and as much real carbon bling i can squeeze out my wallet.
.Etc,etc,etc

Think that will do for a intro, bit of a essay i know but once i got started......

Sure you'll be hearing plenty from me as i get stuck into it and start begging for hoon advice.

Ed.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: One more Brit joining the gang...

Post by AlisoBob »

Ed21 wrote: Have to say the site has been a superb source of information for my new AF build.

Ed.
Get it while you can......
Ed21

Re: One more Brit joining the gang...

Post by Ed21 »

AlisoBob wrote:
Ed21 wrote: Have to say the site has been a superb source of information for my new AF build.

Ed.
Get it while you can......
What do you mean? Have I somehow committed a faux par already?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Naaaaaaa...... but nothing lasts forever..... not the Roman Empire, nor your favorite dog.

Everything one day meets its time to go.

Traffic has been really slow round here lately....

Perhaps its time to question the renewing the site.

I'm sure theres plenty of room over at Tracy's to fit you all in...

:wink:
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Good one Bob
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Ed21

Post by Ed21 »

Ok cool Bob, I thought for a sec I'd already broken some unwritten hoon rule...... ;)

It would be a real shame to see the site go, I might hope the whole af conversion thing may keep it ticking over especially with the UK guys where it's only been getting real popular in the last couple of years??