Billet cranckcasecover!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Johnnymoto

Billet cranckcasecover!

Post by Johnnymoto »

Hello,

A couple days ago i bought a 1985 CR500 engine with a 1987 crankcasecover. As all the magnesium cover this one is rot to, so my plan was to go to buy another cover.
Everyone i spoke told me the same thing, all small covers (39.5mm) with the non parallel coolant tubes are hard to get and very expensive if you want a good one.
For a living i'm a cad/cam engineer so i started thinking can i make those things not by my self? So my question to you boys is if you are interested in a aluminium (aerospace quality) cover? Then i make a couple more of them!!
They can be anodized in any color you want.

The small clutch cover i'm going to make also!

My cover looks like this --->

The price will be arround €250,- for a anodized cover, complete with a custom clutchcover it wil be arround €350,-. It is possible to get your own text or name in the covers.

So if anybody is interested in this let me know and i keep you up to date!!

With kind regards,
John.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

why not put the newer side case and clutch cover on, that way when the clutch goes you can upgrade to the good clutch

sounds like a lot of effort for making an expensive part that is outperformed by a cheaper better part

theres probably a few things that you could make that would be useful and not already available.....
hard anodised aluminum shift drum
hard anodised aluminum shifter star
hard anodised aluminum shifter ratchet housing
coated aluminum shift fork shafts
retaining plate for rear right trans bearing
aluminum clutch rod with hardened steel tips
a better waterpump impeller
id pay 1000$ for all this stuff without thinking twice, we need more lightweight stuff for the 500, a lot of stuff is made of cast iron that should be aluminum

or if you want to get really crazy a center case and clutch cover but built to have a counterbalancer setup on the waterpump shaft...

PS anyone that would put an anodised cover on cr500 (especially an older one) needs to be shot
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
mxcrazy

Post by mxcrazy »

All the whilst the 'late' type wide covers are available then there is no market for it really, when i asked service Honda about the covers they said no stock, good luck in my search, having spoken to some other people though, they do appear to be available at the moment.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

There's piles of them, I bought a bunch just a few weeks back and distributed them to guys who had the SH blues. I still have 2, and they're decently priced too. Just don't deal with douchers.
Johnnymoto

Post by Johnnymoto »

2strokeforever wrote:why not put the newer side case and clutch cover on, that way when the clutch goes you can upgrade to the good clutch

sounds like a lot of effort for making an expensive part that is outperformed by a cheaper better part

theres probably a few things that you could make that would be useful and not already available.....
hard anodised aluminum shift drum
hard anodised aluminum shifter star
hard anodised aluminum shifter ratchet housing
coated aluminum shift fork shafts
retaining plate for rear right trans bearing
aluminum clutch rod with hardened steel tips
a better waterpump impeller
id pay 1000$ for all this stuff without thinking twice, we need more lightweight stuff for the 500, a lot of stuff is made of cast iron that should be aluminum

or if you want to get really crazy a center case and clutch cover but built to have a counterbalancer setup on the waterpump shaft...

PS anyone that would put an anodised cover on cr500 (especially an older one) needs to be shot
Why the hell shoud i be shot if i got a billet cover on a cr500 engine? Explain that to me please!!!

Gr. johnnymoto
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

anyone that would put an anodised cover on cr500 (especially an older one) needs to be shot
billet is acceptable, but anodised is way past the line

a cr500 should look like this

not this

anodising on a 88 or older cr500 puts your status well below quadtard
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Gravel Scratcher

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

Ever heard of black anodise
:roll:
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

IDK, im a pretty big fan of some of Stoffer's Wild-ass Bling bike builds. Personally, makes my dick hard lol
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Johnnymoto

Post by Johnnymoto »

2strokeforever wrote:
anyone that would put an anodised cover on cr500 (especially an older one) needs to be shot
billet is acceptable, but anodised is way past the line

a cr500 should look like this

not this

anodising on a 88 or older cr500 puts your status well below quadtard
I think that you dont know what you're talking about! But i like it when people underastimating me, so i can show them what i'm cappeble of!

Greetz johnnymoto!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

that '86 has more anodizing than that mini bike :lol:
clear forks, swingarm, hubs, waterpump impeller, shock parts, it goes on and on. Anodizing is done to keep corosion down.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Don't forget about those sweet looking gold rims, I love the look of the '86!!!
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I was just trying to find the things that they didnt share :lol:
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:that '86 has more anodizing than that mini bike :lol:
clear forks, swingarm, hubs, waterpump impeller, shock parts, it goes on and on. Anodizing is done to keep corosion down.
love ya work roosty
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
Johnnymoto

Post by Johnnymoto »

So anybody interested?