Merry Christmas to me.

Use some common sense ....
icediver

Merry Christmas to me.

Post by icediver »

Does this look like $500.00 +? I still have to send out my jug and buy a piston kit as well. I'll probably have to wait until after Christmas for that. The wife was suspicious enough when the big Honda box showed up with this stuff.

Jug definitely needs a bore IMO.

Oh yeah, I had Service Honda fix my broken kickstart lever as well.

:lol: :lol: Just kidding. I actually shitted that together when I first got the bike so I could "try" to turn over the engine. I didn't clean it at all. It actually started to weld somewhat ok towards the end when it heated up. I was using an Esab Migmaster with a spool gun that sucks. No independent adjustment for heat and wire on the spoolgun. Makes it a little difficult to fine tune.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Holy booger welds batman! :lol:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

looks just like my welding :D :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
BIGDESTO

Post by BIGDESTO »

$99 for wisco piston kit from rocky mountain!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

you see those lines where the studs are... those are the reason you have someone with a torque plate (like Glen) do you boring.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
icediver

Post by icediver »

dannygraves wrote:you see those lines where the studs are... those are the reason you have someone with a torque plate (like Glen) do you boring.
Thats the main reason I'm going to have it bored. I could hone and re-ring as is but I really want to clean the mess up. It is at 90mm now, so it looks like 90.5 in the near future. I will probably go with a vertex or pro-lite for the new piston. It had a vertex in it when I got it. Nothing against forged, I just think i'll stay with a cast piston.

I'll have to call Glen and see if I can purchase a (cast) piston kit directly through him.
ou812

Post by ou812 »

You can get the vertex off ebay , I beleive it was ATV unlimited for $106 and I've run one hard for a year now, just did a re-ring on it, piston looks great.

By the way you don't nned the crank, please forward to me :lol:
icediver

Post by icediver »

ou812 wrote:You can get the vertex off ebay , I beleive it was ATV unlimited for $106 and I've run one hard for a year now, just did a re-ring on it, piston looks great.

By the way you don't nned the crank, please forward to me :lol:
I can send you my old one. The rod is a little stiff, maybe it will break in if you run it a little more. :lol: