WARNING: 500 Conversions.com

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
reef

Post by reef »

Guys I'll post up all the details.

Grant is trying to get the title sorted for me or I'm really screwed. This should have never been an issue to begin with as I was told the bike had a clean title.

It has been a nightmare for me.

I didn't expect a new bike, but I did expect a lot better for what I paid.

I've owned around 40 bikes, and this is been the worst bike I've ever purchased.

Here is list of the issues I've encountered so far.

1) Bike wouldn't start. Wiring was pinched in radiator housing, and one of the wires had become cut.

2) I was told the bike had a clean title. When I was looking at the bike I said it must have a clean title so I could title here in Florida. If you wish to ride the National Forests here you must have a title in your name. First I got a BOS from 500conversions. and one from someone I had never heard of. When I questioned Grant I was told he had never transferred the title in his name, and the BOS from the other owner is what I needed. This BOS was not signed from the old owner, nor was the title in the transfer area. Well I'm not going to jail for signing someone else's name on BOS and on the title. When I receive the title I see someone else's name in the new owner information area. Well another issue. I can't white that information out or it voids the title. I also again can't sign the front of the title. I'm not going to jail. I question Grant and he said he noticed that when the bike was being shipped. Sorry, a true honest businessman would have called and offered a refund.

3) Left Crankcase cracked, and bent inward (guessing a rock got it). Noticed this when I took the stator off, and one of the screws was half the size it should be.

4) Oil leaking out of stator weep hole.

5) Oil (not water) leaking from water pump weep hole.

6) Oil leaking from countershaft seal, and gear shift seal (no biggie).

7) Premix leaking from head at the exhaust (no biggie).

8 ) Odd bolts/broken on engine (will try to tap them).

9) Slow leak at center seal. Looks like a rock got it again.

10) Turn on the gas, and it just pours out the overflow 50% of the time. (cleaned the float bowel). No biggie.

11) The bike still has a hard time starting. I've owned 2 strokes my entire life. I'll find the root cause. Hopefully it's not something major. I've got another CDI, carb, and coil on the way.

There are some odd bolts that need to be tapped, and I need to replace a few bent spokes. The front rotor was on backwards, but all that stuff is minor.

My brother is an attorney. I can't do much about the mechanical issues with the bike my brother tells me. However I do have in writing that the bike has a clean title which it does not, and my brother has offered to take care of this through the judicial system.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Good. Stick the bike right back up his ass! Fuckin assbags.....

Hope it all works out for the better! if not, get a new frame and go from there. Swap all parts over, replacing anything that needs replaced. Then you would know what you had, instead of something with a hiding gremlin.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

A leaky shifter seal is likely a bent shift shaft.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:A leaky shifter seal is likely a bent shift shaft.
Yuppers.....

All the leaks are serious... CR500's dont leak without reason...
reef

Post by reef »

The DMV was closed yesterday. Hopefully I get some good news regarding the title today.

After I'm done everything will be new minus the frame. I need to find a welder to redo the post for the coil. The other welds look decent.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I'd send the thing back....
reef

Post by reef »

Well she still has more leaks more than Titantic, but she starts easier.

Granted I have to turn off the fuel once the carb gets gas or it just flows out the overflow.

I put the new coil on, and ran the ground to a different location. She started on the first kick 3 seperate times.

Saturday I plan on really going through the carb.

The countershaft oil seal, and shift oil seal arrive Thursday. Anything crazy I should know on the 500 before putting them in? Both my CR250, and CRF450 would eat these seals from time to time (sand), so I'm hoping the leaks are caused by the outer oil seals.

Does anyone know anything about Lectron Carbs. I've read a bit on them the last few days, but I'd like hear from the resident experts. The new/used engine I have coming has an Lectron carb.

Guys I really appreciate the advice and support. The seller has an appointment Thursday to try to get the title sorted. Praying for some good news!

In 3 months time you won't recognize the bike minus the plastic.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Regarding the lectron, from what I've heard, no experience, they work really good at WFO but not so much below that.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Kuma wrote:Regarding the lectron, from what I've heard, no experience, they work really good at WFO but not so much below that.
Yup.

Trade it for a 39mm PWK
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

If you paid with paypal you could put in a claim and get your $$ back.............

Regarding doing that countershaft seal, replace the collar and seal as a unit, it will last longer before the next time it needs to be done. Also be careful not to nick or damage teh flat ring that is under the collar. I just did a couple last week, easy when there is no shaft when the cases are split, harder when the shaft is in the way. Pry the seal out with a hook took and DON"T scratch up the case where the seal resides if you can help it. Honda installs that seal flush with the case.

Grant seems like a real class act, NO CLASS that is. He tried buying motor mounts and other parts from me recently so he could copy them.

Too bad he won't come on here and man up about this and make things right.

Everyone screws up from time to time, it's what you do to make things right that matters.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

AlisoBob wrote:I'd send the thing back....
and i wouldnt be spending another cent on it
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
cmotodad

Post by cmotodad »

Sean, you are not the first he tried to get parts from to copy. He did the same thing here in So Cal to a couple others.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

cmotodad wrote:Sean, you are not the first he tried to get parts from to copy. He did the same thing here in So Cal to a couple others.
Sin Cal as well :wink:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

reef wrote:
MojoScojo wrote:Dude. Sit down. Have a beer.
I'm already on Vicodin for a broken lower back. Beer and Vicodin and next thing you know I'd be posting naked pics of the wife.
Im not seeing an issue here :twisted:
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Sounds like this asshole and Fanelli should partner up
and start crankin 'em out. Maybe call the shop
www.mpsFUconversions.com. Never and end to jerks
rippin honest people off. Threaten to sue his fucking ASS
off. Or he takes the bike back, gives you $500 for your
troubles and wave bye bye. Oh. And dont hesitate to
trash him on the net whenever possible. Like that ahole
Scooter5002.
reef

Post by reef »

Grant got the title sorted. He should receive a replacement in 2 weeks, and then he will mail it too me.

This HUGE for me. I give him props for following through.

The bike you won't recognize in 3 months minus the plastics.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Grant is selling used helicopters now ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0XTL9G2 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

reef wrote:Grant got the title sorted. He should receive a replacement in 2 weeks, and then he will mail it too me.
Grant contacted me today, wants to clear his reputation... I gave him the "3 point plan".

1. Send the title

2. Send some $$$ to offset the engine repairs

3. Dont let this happen again.

We'll see what he does, the balls in his court.

Now that he's contacted me directly, and knows what to do.... if he doesnt follow through ASAP I'm releasing the hounds.... T/T, Vital MX, all the usual places.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

seanmx57 wrote:Everyone screws up from time to time, it's what you do to make things right that matters.
Yup.... Easy-Peasy....
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

AlisoBob wrote:Grant contacted me today, wants to clear his reputation... I gave him the "3 point plan".

1. Send the title

2. Send some $$$ to offset the engine repairs

3. Dont let this happen again.

We'll see what he does, the balls in his court.

Now that he's contacted me directly, and knows what to do.... if he doesnt follow through ASAP I'm releasing the hounds.... T/T, Vital MX, all the usual places.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well, its happened again......

http://bannedcr500riders.com/board/view ... hp?t=12741

These guys delivered another "winner"......

Purchase from them at your own risk.