Thank You Bob! 500 conversions.

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
reef

Thank You Bob! 500 conversions.

Post by reef »

Guys, I spoke to Grant for about an hour this evening.

He has completely taken ownership for what happened with the sale of the bike I bought from him.

Grant also agreed to compensate me for the costs I've encountered. He never wavered when I stated what I wanted. The title also should be on it's way within a week or two.

I'll keep everyone updated, but I really believe Grant will come through.

Everyone makes mistakes. I got burned BAD, but Grant has manned up.

Bob all along really helped me out. I cannot say thank you enough. You rock Brother. Next time I'm in Cali dinner on me. Oh and I don't care how many times you ask. YOUR NOT GETTING ANY NAKED PHOTOS OF MY WIFE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: Thank You Bob! 500 conversions.

Post by AlisoBob »

reef wrote:YOUR NOT GETTING ANY NAKED PHOTOS OF MY WIFE!!!

.............yet.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Grant isnt out of the woods yet.... he still has to deliver.

Keep us informed.
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

And that's why we all appreciate bob and what he does as for everyone in this segment of the sport.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I'm just here for the beer.... and the PM's from Rhino and Roosty.

:doh:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

:buddies:
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Hi guys I know I am coming late into the conversation but is the company concerned 500conversions? I have recently purchased one of there machines and wondering if there is anything I should be concerned about? If not has anyone heard anything about this conversion comany and any information would be appreciated.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

He has a reputation of throwing stuff together, just to make a profit.

Reef is still dealing with the guy to straighten things out.

He charges top dollar, for 2nd rate stuff if you ask me.
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

thanks Alisobob for your reply, I guess time will tell weather I made the correct decision or not. I hope it just the luck of the draw and I have a good one. But now i am a little concerned.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Tell us about what you bought...
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Hi Bob,
Gen 4 500af
oversized front rotar
full procurcuit system
boyesen covers
ironman sprokets with gold chain
I only have a pic of it but would gladly forward it on to you.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

post it up mate
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
reef

Post by reef »

News!

Grant built me the set of wheels I requested, and I got them a couple of weeks ago. This was to make up for all the headaches I had went through.

The BIGGER news is that my wife called me last night and she said the title has arrived.

Major props to Bob for ALL of his help. Brother I owe you a drink, or at least a few gallons of premium pre-mix. :cool:
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

reef wrote:News!

Grant built me the set of wheels I requested, and I got them a couple of weeks ago. This was to make up for all the headaches I had went through.

The BIGGER news is that my wife called me last night and she said the title has arrived.

Major props to Bob for ALL of his help. Brother I owe you a drink, or at least a few gallons of premium pre-mix. :cool:
Right on bro,now bring that thing down here and roost some 4 strokes with me. :cool:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I thought the rear wheel was the wrong size... Did he lace up a 19" to send you to make things right, or are you keeping the 18"?

Are you 100% square with Grant now?
reef

Post by reef »

I bought a tire and tube.

Honest mistake I really believe. I just want closure at this point.

At this point I see this book done as long as the title is signed over correctly.
reef

Post by reef »

kevin_s wrote:
reef wrote:News!

Right on bro,now bring that thing down here and roost some 4 strokes with me. :cool:
I'm there. Went to Durhamtown and had a blast for 3 days.

I road the KTM mostly because we were doing some gnarly single track.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

reef wrote:I bought a tire and tube.
I think the error worked for you.

I like the 18" better.
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Bob could you please post a pic of my bike please for gregrobo, I am unsure how top do it at the moment
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Chain WAY tight

NO rear pipe mount

Wiring flopping around

What else is wrong?

I'd take the whole thing apart, and check everything.
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Cheers Bob, I am on a work computer and for some reason none of the pics seem to work.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

It looks nice enough, just need to check the nibbly bits....
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

will just have to wait till I get it, delivery company said up tp 9 days, you guys with experience are certainly seeing allot of stuff I was missing
reef

Post by reef »

Grant bent me over backwards in the beginning. I really believe without Bob's help I'd be up a creek. Many of the members helped me and answered a ton of questions. However I also believe Grant learned his lesson. Ultimately he did what he said he would do. He offered to compensate me, but I suggested the wheels idea. He did EXACTLY what I asked and yesterday I got my title. I'm one for giving second chances. He's a young kid, and he made a mistake. At that age we all make a lot of mistakes. He sent me email updates twice a week regarding the title and within 2 weeks he had shipped the wheels that I asked him to produce.

After a lot of time an energy my AFC is running great, and will scare the living pooh out of me. I love the bike, and yes the hassle while a pain in the butt was worth it for what I have now.

No other bike has the wow factor like a 500. It's not a cookie-cutter, boring bike. It's a biatch on steroids that will drop kick you in the nuts if not taken serious. Enjoy your bike and ride on. I'm sure you will be fine.

I really believe your bike will be fine.
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Thanks reef, if I was going to get back into riding I was going to get a real bike. 15 years ago I raced kx500s and I have no doubt this will be amazing to ride. this bike is allot cheaper out here than service hondas so with the price drop I guess comes a element of risk. This title is this something I should be getting with mine ? What exactly is it? I didnt deal straight through 500con , his agent in aust. Have any of you guys changed the gear lever? I wear 13 boots and was wondering if anybody has a issue with this, or if it even possible to put a longer one on.