Gen 3 Aluminum Framed CR500 For Sale

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
kschwantz

Gen 3 Aluminum Framed CR500 For Sale

Post by kschwantz »

So, after never having ridden this thing since I bought it, and trying to get everything sorted "within budget" and taking forever, and riding and liking my Steelie, I finally decided I'd rather stop the project now, sell the second bike and use the money to go desert racing instead.

Here's my Craigslist ad:

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/2545658987.html

Here's some pics of the thing:

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb28 ... view=slide...

I bought it in California, and never got the the title transfered, so if you're in Cali or some State where "title is a must, pass on this one. Anybody know anybody interested kindly pass this along?

Thanks

KSchwantz
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

Beautiful bike!
I've had both, steelie and a gen3 conversion... I felt it was night and day gen3 has better brakes, suspension and just induced confidence at speed, and I was used to a gen3 250 with a steering damper and a lot of suspension work. Personally id be selling the steelie!

Seems like a good price for a nice bike, good luck with the sale!
kschwantz

RE: Gen 3

Post by kschwantz »

I hear ya. just sitting on it makes me start rethinking the idea. The thing is really close to everything being sorted minus a few odd bolts, that crummy looking pipe and some stuff like that. I have a set of just done factory connection suspension I can throw on it too. After that a 250 ignition system and all would be set unless that guy's conversion fails in which case I get it fixed.

Damn. Might just pull the ad and piece the desert racer together later.

Bad part about used bikes is they come in a state of unknown. Sometimes it take a considerable amount of doing to get everything back to known. This one's real close. Better keep it.

Ads pulled, carry on.