Carb set up for Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
TheToeCutter

Carb set up for Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Post by TheToeCutter »

Hey fellas, Im doing Pikes Peak this year and thinking about how Im going to set up the bike. It presently has a 41.5mm PWK and with all the accelerating I need to do from hair pin turns at 9000 to 14000ft I think its just going to be too big, and will fall flat. Im thinking of getting a 36mm PWK, and an "intelajet" http://www.thunderproducts.com/IntelaJet.htm anyone think this is a bad move?
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

Personally, I think you will need as much air as you can get, at high altitude with less oxygen. Guys run retarded high compression too to compensate.

Use a air foil in the carb maybe if your not satisfied with part throttle transition.

Of course gearing, and other internal engine mods all play a great role in the end.
TheToeCutter

Post by TheToeCutter »

I have a mild port "GSS trail port" (yeah I know its not great but has been OK, thinking of changing out the wisco with all the holes in it for a std vertex) high compression 86 head, 98 cr250 ingnition complete, v-force 3.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i wouldnt worry about changing the piston. the holes wouldnt cause any issues. might look for a pikes peak specific site. wouldnt hurt to talk with someone that has done the race with a similar bike.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

heard guys had good luck with this, they make them for bikes too, just have to call, looking into getting one

intelajet wont be that useful because you gotta take a hand off the bars to adjust and you arent 100% sure exactly how much you leaned it....
i have the intelajet and like it for not having to pull the carb to adjust, i dont use it while riding

http://www.holtzmaneng.com/
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
mr500

Post by mr500 »

What about a twin choke side draft webber? Fullly adjustable..
Keep it real, Keep it steel.
torque monster

Post by torque monster »

I use an ATACC for Pike Peak - that is what you want. Still need to figure out you jetting for 9500 as that is approx. starting line elevation.

See you there.
torque monster

Post by torque monster »

mr500 wrote:What about a twin choke side draft webber? Fullly adjustable..
Your a little busy on the run to be making adjustments on the fly IMO.

156 turns in 12.5 miles - 100+ mph at times.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

I use an ATACC for Pike Peak - that is what you want. Still need to figure out you jetting for 9500 as that is approx. starting line elevation.

ho good does it work? is jetting spot on always? assuiming its setup right....
and if you lay your bike over will it overflow just as well as normal or will it load up excessively?
was looking into getting one but couldnt find out about the overflow issue, no one there could give me a guarantee that it wouldnt flood the shit out of my bike every time i lay it over
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish