Compression ?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

I'm going to step out from behind the pole into the hail of gunfire and see what happens. WHAT DUBIOUS01 SAID!!!!! 100hp, you might be one of the nicest guys in person, but on the computer you are pretty friggin obnoxious. We are all geared a little different, but I kind of lean towards the "don't say something on the computer you wouldn't say to someones face" theory. And trust me, if you talked to me in person the way you beak off at so many people around here, we wouldn't last 5 minutes before someone was calling 911. And rest assured it wouldn't be me. It isn't so much that you disagree with what people say because there's nothing wrong with opinions or debate. You are just such a fucking asshole about it. Ever heard the expression "It's not what you say, it's how you say it"? I'm met a lot of very smart people in my 48 years and the ones I admired the most were people who didn't talk down to me while espousing their vast knowledge of their field of expertise. What's your chosen area, Dochebaggery 101? Sorry for the hijack, but it was time.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

nothing wrong with coming out from behind the pole. everyone does it now and again. i dont worry much about internet stuff.. its the internet. maybe my keyboard expressions dont come across as you would like, hell i dont know. typically i refrain from calling people names though :D . if your a real life badass i suggest the ufc, the name scooter doesnt seem to be on the fighter list. if your chuck liddel incognito i apologise :notworthy: :lol:
robfromga

Post by robfromga »

You guys kinda bitch and moan like old church women. Thought this was a motorcycle forum. Didn't know I wandered into a depends blog.

On all the forums there's always someone saying something stupid, myself included. This Shit isn't life and death. Go for a ride or rub one out....way too much stress over some dude wanking off about his Shit.
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

robfromga wrote:You guys kinda bitch and moan like old church women. Thought this was a motorcycle forum. Didn't know I wandered into a depends blog.

On all the forums there's always someone saying something stupid, myself included. This Shit isn't life and death. Go for a ride or rub one out....way too much stress over some dude wanking off about his Shit.

why would you waste your time if you are so different?
:spank:
robfromga

Post by robfromga »

dubious01 wrote:
robfromga wrote:You guys kinda bitch and moan like old church women. Thought this was a motorcycle forum. Didn't know I wandered into a depends blog.

why would you waste your time if you are so different?
:spank:
:belch:
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

as for the negativity, and refuting what people have experienced, try it out for yourself first. show a little class and put in some effort rather than simply discrediting.

We are all tired of the regurgitation of Pete Loomis, or whoevers nuts are the flavor of the week.

all that negative shit stops people from sharing information on the boards, because they dont want to be flamed, or have to deal with bs

its just really unproductive for the community.

Bring some good solid info , some motor mods you have ran yourself, whatever. Contrubute ...
discrediting is not conributing, contrary, its stagnating the community

I never would have posted this info if I did not run it, and was not satisfied.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

:bitchfight: Once again a valid point is raised, dub. I chuckled when I read 100hp's reply. Because it WAS funny. However, 100hp, as I always say, recognizing the problem is part of the solution. You seem to have picked up on the problem. Certainly criticism with civility is, or should be, well received. Nothing wrong with, ultimately, trying to improve things. I'm always grateful when someone comes along with a better idea. Just don't be a jackhole delivering the message. That dog won't hunt. Chuck Liddell incognito. Too funny.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

Slomo wrote:I try to stay out of these threads, but I cant stand it no more...........
How many of you power hungry dudes can ride a STOCK CR500 to it's potential???? If you can, post up some video of yourself being badass gnarly so the entire web-o-sphere can see how truely sick you are.
Clyde- meet us on the way down to Hoonfest and jump in. There are about 8 of us this year driving 1250 miles one way to ride Hoonfest and we would love your company. Bring your sick, crazy, gnarly, badass whatever in the hell you have bike and let us all witness it first hand....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... I will personally help fund your trip so you have no excuse not to go.

thought i seen you tooting your horn about a cummins you got. last i heard they were made for hauling/towing large amounts of weight. you tugging around 15,00lbs everyday or running groceries on sunday afternoons ? aint using it to its full potential unless them springs are sitting on the overloads everyday. :roll: because were not professionals riding these bikes to the max then we aint worthy to own them ? gimme a break man. sounds like my dad :roll:. if it was up to him i still be riding a xr80
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

I try to stay out of these threads, but I cant stand it no more...........
How many of you power hungry dudes can ride a STOCK CR500 to it's potential????
i dont care what anyone says i could ALWAYS use more power, do i need it, no, can i use it, YES, on a big long fast hill or something pretty much anyone could use an extra chunk of power, and on a straight more power is gonna get you going faster, quicker
am i flogging the bike, and slipping the clutch out of every corner trying to squeeze every drop of power out of it, not even close, but i can always use more

maybe with 150 hp and fighting to keep the front tire on the ground at 1/4 throttle, thats enough, anything less....

shit @ 13:20 i coulda used 100 hp and still wanted more, also its more than peak power too, being able to let off and get going again, with enough spare power waiting right there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W-7MbDsTWg

and my bike is running decent, no blowby, plug is the same color as inside of a caramilk bar (i checked right after the video ended), reeds good, fresh packing.....
the only thing i can see taking power away is my mangled exhaust pipe
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

guys it's the rider not the bike...........slomas is 100% right. Back when 500's raced mx it was the only class where the top 10 was full of privateers. Why? Cuase there was enough power to remove the factory advantage that the big boys had on the tiddlers. It came down to skill not power once the 500's were on the line.

If you think you need more power you still don't know how to ride a 500 providing we are talking about dirt riding, not ice,tar,dunes or drag racing.

Back on topic, I've always been worried about detonation so I never shaved a head for that reason. I've got one laying around that looks like it's got .040 off it or so, I'll have to check it out.
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

seanmx57 wrote:
Back on topic, I've always been worried about detonation so I never shaved a head for that reason. I've got one laying around that looks like it's got .040 off it or so, I'll have to check it out.
Sean, many times detonation comes down to too much squish clearance, just as much as too little.

It's the reason why I took a bit off my head on the CRE (I'd forgotten I'd done it before I read your post - geez, it was 7 years ago...). It detonated like crazy the first ride, with specs that I'd used for years on previous CRs. I think I found about 2mm clearance - you could see how thick the head / barrel interface was. I think it had missed a final machining process. As I found, the 200 CREs they had here in OZ, were really thrown together - the engines (at least mine) seemed to be the best example of Friday arvo / Monday morning assembly jobs I've ever come across . Other than most of the Ducatis I've owned......... :roll:
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

100hp honda wrote:
Slomo wrote:I try to stay out of these threads, but I cant stand it no more...........
How many of you power hungry dudes can ride a STOCK CR500 to it's potential???? If you can, post up some video of yourself being badass gnarly so the entire web-o-sphere can see how truely sick you are.
Clyde- meet us on the way down to Hoonfest and jump in. There are about 8 of us this year driving 1250 miles one way to ride Hoonfest and we would love your company. Bring your sick, crazy, gnarly, badass whatever in the hell you have bike and let us all witness it first hand....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... I will personally help fund your trip so you have no excuse not to go.

thought i seen you tooting your horn about a cummins you got. last i heard they were made for hauling/towing large amounts of weight. you tugging around 15,00lbs everyday or running groceries on sunday afternoons ? aint using it to its full potential unless them springs are sitting on the overloads everyday. :roll: because were not professionals riding these bikes to the max then we aint worthy to own them ? gimme a break man. sounds like my dad :roll:. if it was up to him i still be riding a xr80

I do have an 06 Cummins that is all "hopped up". I also pull a 40' 5th wheel with it. WTF does that have to do with anything?

rob from ga... WTF are you yapping about? Riding and beating off.... Ya, the dudes I ride with aren't so much into that....The whole rainbow thing is weird to me... To each their own I guess.

2strokesforever... Have you ever ridden a dirt bike with no-shit 100+ horswepower? I'll answer that for you- NO, you haven't. That "powerline" hill you ride on would take you all day to get over with 100+ horsepower. More is not always better. Don't believe me? I'll throw you on my open bike and you will figure it out. Don't get all puffy and mad... I'm giving you an invite :cool:
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Slomo is right sometimes more power means slower, its hard to keep 100hp in control
-Jake

2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

2strokesforever... Have you ever ridden a dirt bike with no-shit 100+ horswepower? I'll answer that for you- NO, you haven't. That "powerline" hill you ride on would take you all day to get over with 100+ horsepower. More is not always better. Don't believe me? I'll throw you on my open bike and you will figure it out. Don't get all puffy and mad... I'm giving you an invite :cool:
for sure, i wouldnt expect to get up my powerline hill on a 4cyl bike, but i still think pretty near anyone could use 100hp somewhere...
nwver rode a 100 hp bike :cry: but id love to try, pic of your open bike?
was thinking of building a 4cyl climber, but cant find any info on them, then id have to find big open hills too...
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

for me POWER, the more the merrier,i look at it like this,i ride bikes all the time big ones, fast ones, safe ones,shitters and minters, the thing i love about any bike when i find one that does it is SCARE ME,put me in my fukin place and let me know whos boss!!,now am not a gp rider,never will be but i can ride good and a stock cr500 is ok its powerful as fuk,but i have modded mine for max power to simply stay in the garage blingin,but when i get it out and take it for a thrash it scares the shit out of me and makes me grin from ear to ear,i work on this principle,silly it is.but you only feel truly truly alive when your as close to death as life permits you!! get my drift.............HENCE MORE POWER............. people will bleat the traction and control notes,but who gives,thats what a throttle and skill is for..........YOU TAME THE BEAST... bond with you power and ride man.

so skim the head mate am in agreeence on that!!port polish,lift raise lighten and balance mod till you can go no more.... stock is borin now.to much technology,info and skill available now to be fukin bout with the stock rocks shite....just my 10 cents..and i dont wanna fight with any one ether all my energy is used up on my bike........!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D :D :D
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

There seems to be alot of ridicule about cimpression from guys who have no idea where there stuff is.
I'm running more compression with less squish and less jetting now than before.
rsss396

Post by rsss396 »

i agree roost!
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

x491

:clink:
:
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

agreeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.