Thank Your Military

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

sorry mate, thought this was a global forum....

just thought it would be a nice thing to bring them all home now.this war has gone on longer than ww2 and there is still no end in sight.or exit strategy.
and i think we owe it to them and our selfs to end it.
no bad feelings.
Last edited by thestuz on October 25th, 2010, 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

Tharrell wrote:This started out as a very nice thread about what some of our people are doing to show our military the deep appreciation we feel.
As usual, a dumbass from down under has to show his ass again and troll the group.
Please start your own threads and stop highjacking good threads.
please dont put us all into one catagory i appreciate what both our fighting forces do for all of us whether on the front lines or in the rebuilding efforts home and abroad they have to deal with alot and have my thanks
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
Tayler89

Post by Tayler89 »

thestuz wrote:first of all, my point is that serving soldiers should get more respect than hugs and hand shakes.
there lives are more valuable than to send them off fighting wars thet dont have to be fought let me make that clear.
if we really cared about our soldiers then we would bring them home from those futile wars. not make half arsed hand shakes to make them feel better about it all. jmo.

So we only care about our soldiers if we act according to what you believe? Once again your arrogance shines through. Who are you to decide how we should treat our troops, or how much we care for them. I can assure you that we love and appreciate our troops, and we make sure they know that in no uncertain terms. I think you would be VERY hard pressed to find one that thinks the American people are not all behind them.

The fact is that war happens and that is what the military is there for....and they are smart enough to know it.....even if you are not.

Quit making statements as a matter of fact that are simply a matter of opinion....douchebag!

taylor, our country never wanted to go to iraq... 75% of the population opposed it. but in true democratic fassion, our leasder took us there anyway.
it was an unjust, illegal war not sanctioned by the u.n. on a country that had nothing to do with 911.

my information about the suicide rate at ft hood comes from an delisted ameriand medic who untill two weeks ago, i used to work with. that is the stats he told me.might be lower now the wars winding up.

The suicide rate at Ft. Hood is no higher than the national average when you take into account the fact that more men commit suicide than women. So once again your interpretation of the facts is skewed to support your ideological view, but what's new.

and the reason yoiur enlistment is so high is because of the financial situation your country is in. in some states, its the only source of employment going, not because they want to go and fighting.

Ok you tard, the truth is that vets don't have any problem finding employment. In fact, not only do they get veteran preference with regard to employment, employers are way more likely to hire a vet than a civilian because of their work ethic and simple appreciation for their service. As someone who is responsible for hiring a significant number of employees, I have had several conversations with others on our interview committees, and we always lean towards preference for veterans. I feel very comfortable makeing the statement that employers go out of their way giving preference to vet. Honestly, I have no emprical evidence to back this up, but I would be surprised if you could find evididence to support your lame claim. As an American citizen that lives here and actually hires people, I think I am in a better position to determine how difficult it is for vets to find employment.

Once again you are simply making up shit to support your ideology.

im sure they would much prefer to be building new roads in america than dropping $1000,000 a piece bombs in iraq.

you are right about ob "briefly" increasing troop numbers. this appears to be one last roll of the dice to try fix the mess that has been made. the trouble with america, is that they seem to create terrorism where ever they go.iraq never had terrorism before "we" "invaded"
it is to be noted that ob is pulling all combat forces from iraq within a year, despite the privi intell you conclude too.
and the afghan war is being scaled back as the u.s. army tries "negotiate" with the taliban for a solution. in some cases, taliban are being paid to change sides lol. same people, different uniform. pretty far from a victory, go figure?

What an idiot...don't you follow the news? We have drastically increased the # of troops in Afganistan and are in the middle of a very substantial surge. We have also increased the drone attacks substantially in Pakistan. I was just watching a news program on it this weekend. Wake the hell up and find out what is going on before you post this bullshit.

as for your country being the saviour of mankind, and freeing/liberating more countries and helping, what a load of shit.
you stayed out of ww1 and refused to help britain or australia during the first few years of ww2. it was only untill you were bombed by the japanese that you bothered to enter. and only during the final stages of ww2, helped in europe.

I'm not even sure where to start with this one....

I was almost positive that we sent troops to Europe during WWI.....maybe you better look into that one shit-for-brains.

Were we or were we not largely responsible for defeating Germany and Japan in WWII?
We could have simply defended our borders and/or only attacked Japan. But we chose to get involved because it benifitted everyone involved...with the exception of Germany and Japan.

No matter how you look at it....we saved your asses.

Truth be told, we have saved your ass ever since. Don't get me wrong, your military consists of some serious badasses, but it is pitifully small and weak compared to others in the world. As a matter of fact much weaker than those countries we would referr to as bad guys. You can get away with that because those countries know that if they mess with you, they mess with us. That is true for many, many counties in this world. We are largely responsible for the fact that you do not have to spend much of your own money on defense. Our large amount of defense spending defends you also and is largely responsible for the fact that no one messes with you, not simply because you are such nice guys. What do we get for our effort and our unconditional backing?.....criticizm from unappreciative pricks like you. It sometimes makes me wish we would leave you fags to try and protect yourselves for once!

russia spilt more blood and suffered more losses than you. but they dont complain. Who is complaining? I'm just teaching you, you ignorant bastard. Russia was just trying to save it's own ass....they could give a shit about your country's. Why don't you depend on them to protect you and see what happens.

as for assault rifles, im kinda glad we dont have them here. yeah i had to surrender my semi auto. later i also lost my gun licence for minor assault. but do i miss guns? not really. and its good to know not every psycho has access to them now.
I could give a rat's ass whether you miss your assuault rifle! Just because you don't want one doesn't mean I don't. Are you truly arrogant enough you remove my liberties just because you don't see any need for mine. What happens when I don't see any reason for yours....should I have the right to remove them from you?

you need an assault rifle to kill a gopher?
No I don't need one....I want one! Here in America we won't just allow our govt to determine what we need, or what they will allow us to have, even though at times progressives try to do it. Only pussies will allow that to happen without a fight.

One more thing to consider

In 1960, Robert Menard was a commander aboard the USS Constellation when he was part of a meeting between United States Navy personnel and their counterparts in the Japanese Defense Forces.
Fifteen years had passed since VJ Day, most of those at the meeting were WWII veterans, and men who had fought each other to the death at sea were now comrades in battle who could confide in each other.
Someone at the table asked a Japanese admiral why, with the Pacific Fleet devastated at Pearl Harbor and the mainland U.S. forces in what Japan had to know was a pathetic state of unreadiness, Japan had not simply invaded the West Coast.
Commander Menard would never forget the crafty look on the Japanese commander's face as he frankly answered the question.
'You are right,' he told the Americans. 'We did indeed know much about your preparedness. We knew that probably every second home in your country contained firearms. We knew that your country actually had state championships for private citizens shooting military rifles. We were not fools to set foot in such quicksand.'

Once again your post is full factually inaccurate information and/or flat out lies.........not to mention stupidity.

I find it interesting that you state shit you hear somewhere as a fact and expect people to just take you at your word. Especially considering the fact that we have proven on this site that your selection of sources have been less than credible.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Tayler89 wrote:
thestuz wrote:
as for assault rifles, im kinda glad we dont have them here. yeah i had to surrender my semi auto. later i also lost my gun licence for minor assault. but do i miss guns? not really. and its good to know not every psycho has access to them now.
I could give a rat's ass whether you miss your assuault rifle! Just because you don't want one doesn't mean I don't. Are you truly arrogant enough you remove my liberties just because you don't see any need for mine. What happens when I don't see any reason for yours....should I have the right to remove them from you?

you need an assault rifle to kill a gopher?
No I don't need one....I want one! Here in America we won't just allow our govt to determine what we need, or what they will allow us to have, even though at times progressives try to do it. Only pussies will allow that to happen without a fight.

well said. I also liked that tidbit about the japanese commander knowing why invading this country would be devastating to the invading forces...LOL

thestuz wrote:
no, you are wrong. you cant just get a gun with a big wadd of cash. it takes alot of time and police clearances. in which time if you were going to kill someone out of rage you would of cooled down or just gone around to his house with a bat.. trust me, it happens here often.
you can buy guns off the black market but it is no where near as easy as you think.

im not talking anything to do with the "police" and clearances. if you know people, getting a gun would be quite simple, guaranteed.

and no, you government hasnt tried to kill you....YET. not saying they will, but you are a true idiot if you ever think that they wont......history repeats itself......
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

So we only care about our soldiers if we act according to what you believe? Once again your arrogance shines through. Who are you to decide how we should treat our troops, or how much we care for them. I can assure you that we love and appreciate our troops, and we make sure they know that in no uncertain terms. I think you would be VERY hard pressed to find one that thinks the American people are not all behind them.

you fail to comprehend me (re-read origional post ffs). my point was they should be pulled out of futile wars and not be left in illegitimate quagmires.im sure the american people are behind there soldiers, but it seems even they are no longer behind the wars!
Public support for the war in Afghanistan has hit an all-time low. According to the latest poll, only 37 percent of Americans support the war and 52 percent say it has turned into a Vietnam.
do you get my point ?

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-afghan ... s-working/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39408050/ns/us_news-life/

FORT HOOD, Texas — Fort Hood officials are investigating a rash of suicides in recent days, including the apparent murder-suicide of a soldier and his wife, the Associated Press reported on Tuesday.
More than 1,100 members of the armed forces killed themselves from 2005 to 2009, and suicides have been on the rise again this year. The sharpest increases have been in the Army and Marine Corps, the services most stretched by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

it appears your wrong about suicide rates.
21-24 suicides per 100,000 in marines and army
11-13 suicides per 100,000 in american civilians
not to mention the 200% serious mental health issues they come home with.
more soldiers die from suicide than from war casualties.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =127860466
http://chartsbin.com/view/prm

and i never mentioned your vets not being able to find employment. where did you make that shit up? your a damn principal. learn to comprehend.

What an idiot...don't you follow the news? We have drastically increased the # of troops in Afganistan and are in the middle of a very substantial surge. We have also increased the drone attacks substantially in Pakistan. I was just watching a news program on it this weekend. Wake the hell up and find out what is going on before you post this bullshit.

??? i dont know what your ranting on here for, i agreed with you, try to comprehend my post! quote: "you are right about ob "briefly" increasing troop numbers".

my bet is the surge is a last ditch effort like the surge in iraq.
it started in feb, completed its numbers last month.your not in the middle of the surge ,it has peaked, now they want to bring the taliban to the table for peace talks.... then watch ob pull troops out before the coming elections like hes doing in iraq.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1FTCJB.DTL
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/ ... 5983.shtml

ww1 1914-1918
yes america did get involved in ww1. all be it in the final stages april 1917. but there policy was for non intervention. i stand corrected but you see my point.

The United States originally pursued a policy of non-intervention, avoiding conflict while trying to broker a peace. When a German U-boat sank the British liner Lusitania in 1915, with 128 Americans aboard, U.S. President Woodrow Wilson vowed, "America is too proud to fight" and demanded an end to attacks on passenger ships. Germany complied.

we were saved by japans decision to attack america. had they had not of done that. america would of continued to stand idly by and stay out of the conflict.

and yes it would of been pretty futile for japan invading america on foot. almost laughable.

btw,

quote from tayler, [

One more thing to consider

In 1960, Robert Menard was a commander aboard the USS Constellation when he was part of a meeting between United States Navy personnel and their counterparts in the Japanese Defense Forces.
Fifteen years had passed since VJ Day, most of those at the meeting were WWII veterans, and men who had fought each other to the death at sea were now comrades in battle who could confide in each other.
Someone at the table asked a Japanese admiral why, with the Pacific Fleet devastated at Pearl Harbor and the mainland U.S. forces in what Japan had to know was a pathetic state of unreadiness, Japan had not simply invaded the West Coast.
Commander Menard would never forget the crafty look on the Japanese commander's face as he frankly answered the question.
'You are right,' he told the Americans. 'We did indeed know much about your preparedness. We knew that probably every second home in your country contained firearms. We knew that your country actually had state championships for private citizens shooting military rifles. We were not fools to set foot in such quicksand.' ]end quote.

every iraqi male adult civilian also is allowed to own an ak47 for self defence purposes.....

quicksand indeed.

good luck to those serving in mid east.
good luck to the american economy funding it
good luck to ob bringing them home.
Last edited by thestuz on October 27th, 2010, 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

I thought this post was about Thanking your Military ?

How about you guys go hijack another thread ?

Why is it every time something like this comes around The Stuz turns it into a left vs right battle.

If I remember correctly is was about thanking somebody.

Maybe a little respect for others? You don't see us bashing your Military.

Or bashing your way of life.

How about you go and find a forum that sympathizes with Muslims and go chat it up with them?

Maybe join the Taliban it seems that is where your interest is. If you join up maybe you could be their savior , they will win and everybody gets to go home and live in peace.

Or maybe when they kill 4000 of your innocent citizens you might feel a bit different.

When somebody is breaking into your house who do you call?

That's right the "Police" the man with the gun.

When the Taliban is pouring over your border and taking over your Country by force who do you call ?

Don't call us! Your the stupid ass that gave up your guns.

That's right their just misunderstood peaceful minded people.

You just keep on believing that it just might come true.

:homo:
craigf40

Post by craigf40 »

Tharrell wrote:This started out as a very nice thread about what some of our people are doing to show our military the deep appreciation we feel.
As usual, a dumbass from down under has to show his ass again and troll the group.
Please start your own threads and stop highjacking good threads.
Trust me i worked with your soldiers and you are in trouble as an army what i saw was really not soldiers just uniforms only thing not being done for them is there asses being wiped for them they unfit a lot are way to fat and most are just very sloppy....if you take on a real army you in deep shit ....in time you will see the truth...im not against you Americans i met many good people in Iraq but you need a wake up call.In my opinion the brits where the most impressive soldiers there they neat disciplined and are real soldiers.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

yeah it is a thread about thanking your military.

but it is also a politics forum.politics can be a two way street.

so what was wrong with me agreeing about thanking them and saying its time we started bringing the boys home?

i got ear bashed by some retard who started ranting about me and my country being lame arse pussies for not owning guns?
saying "our country is good for nothing" but we were there from to the start and till the end? talk about not respecting serving soldiers.

its not my fault taylor starts ranting like mel gibson on drugs.he obviously was off his meds or something.

shit, i thought i was being dignified and coming across politely. re-read my posts and see for your self.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.