Short Spark Plug

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
EastTexas2Stroker

Short Spark Plug

Post by EastTexas2Stroker »

Guys: Can someone tell me the make and number of the short sparkplug I have seen on here. It was supposed to cost around 40 bucks and I need a shorter plug to put on a different gas tank (IMS 4 gallon). If someone could let me know that would be great. I am running GSS raceport top end and a 2001 CR500R engine in a 2006 CLR450R.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

br8ecm is shorter than normal, but theres the really short one too?
is there a br8ecm but not a resistor plug????
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

You want an r7282 plug and a trs1225 cap. Go to summitracing .com or redlinepowersports.com for info or to order. Shaggy gave me that info. Aussie I believe.
EastTexas2Stroker

Thanks so much guys, always appreciate the help.
cmotodad

Post by cmotodad »

I found mine on Amazon. It was ordered and in my hands in less than a week.
EastTexas2Stroker

Cmotodad, one reason to pay so much for the very short plug is due to the IMS 4 gallon fuel tank is so damn close to the top of the plug. I know with a heat gun you can mold the tank to go around a plug, which I have done. I am running racing fuel with the race porting work I have done by Glen. One question is how dependable do you think this very short plug is as I checked with NGK and it is designated as a racing plug. I go off into the woods quite a ways and want to make sure it is highly dependable and not just for a race. Thank you for your information on Amazon, I will check it out as well.
cmotodad

Post by cmotodad »

I have had no problem with mine. I think it is an iridium plug, which should help reduce fouling and have long life. Proper jetting is a must.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

we run the short plug in the gen4 bike, a regular length plug in the gen3, both with 500 engines, BUT the 2002 + 2004 cr250s we have will not run worth a dammn on the irridium :x
EastTexas2Stroker

Thanks guys I will buy one and try it out. The bike runs great but still playing with the jetting a little and the needle combination for the best power across rpm range. It starts right up first time almost always and idles strongly. I have gone from an FMF gnarly to the Pro Circuit Works pipe and richened the fuel mixture with Castor 927 instead of the synthetic I was using. Run 115 octane fuel and Glen Howell's GSS racing porting set up with a completely rebuilt engine.Doesn't smoke at all and seems to run great. I changed it up since it had a tremendous low rpm hit and not much mid range or top end. I do a lot of trail and also fireroad riding and at my son in laws they have literally 50 miles of packed dirt roads that are built for a highway but they ran out of funding so it will be another 10 years until it is finished. I can really open the bike up on this road and that is what I love to do, go fast a let her rip. I have been away from two strokes until I decided to do this project bike and the sound brings back so many wonderful memories from when I was a young man...Maicos, Huskys and now this brute of a Honda. Doesn't get any better than that in my opinion. Course the wife thinks I am nuts and does not see the fascination. Gotta do what a man has gotta do. Thanks for the input, this site is great for learning from experienced guys, appreciate it.