what filter are you using?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

i think the Uni's are heat-bonded, not glued. the material just seems to me "melted" together.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

with the moose i use gas to clean, and wring it out real tight, then swing in a big circle for a minute, then oil it and no problems so far
completly off topic but roughly how many gallons of gas should my top end last?
im at 7 (+-1) pints of mix at 40:1 so im at 70 gallons should i be tearing it down and measuring?
i rarely keep it wound out and i keep the filter reasonably clean
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

2strokeforever wrote:with the moose i use gas to clean, and wring it out real tight, then swing in a big circle for a minute, then oil it and no problems so far
completly off topic but roughly how many gallons of gas should my top end last?
im at 7 (+-1) pints of mix at 40:1 so im at 70 gallons should i be tearing it down and measuring?
i rarely keep it wound out and i keep the filter reasonably clean
If you checked the compression before you ran the motor you would know when it starts to drop. That's how I know it's time for rings at least. I've read that when you get a 10% drop it's time for a rebuild. I generally do it before that much loss.

back on subject.

used twin air for 20 years, never had any issues, always cleaned with gas, once in the dirty gas bucket and then hit it in a clean gas bucket. Then soap and water. Belray was the diet for a long time, been having good luck with spectro oil which seems to be exactly like belray. If there is a better oil than belray it's not necessary.

filter skins rule. I haven't changed my filter in months, just skins. I haven't been riding as much as normal though. Finally got some dirt work to make some $$.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

If you checked the compression before you ran the motor you would know when it starts to drop.
couldnt find a tester to borrow and was way too broke to buy one :cry: next time...
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
gman1966347

Post by gman1966347 »

Hey boy's too sticky of an air filter oil will "dry" the cells,and let dirt pass right on thru.You need it to be slightly wet with a mild tactifier.Lucas oil stabilizer is for loose bearing clearences,not air filters,use what the manufacturer recommends. They engineered them that way.Chemical manufacturers don't make air filters.If you use a twin air,use their shit ,likewise K&N,Uni,No toil.Always oil both stages.If you are not sure, call the manfacturer! Be careful of No Toil, they use isopropyl alky in their oil,it will attack some filter's adhesives.Be careful.
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

No toil finally found something they make better than filters.

Image[/img]
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Original No-Toil Gangster.....
gman1966347

Post by gman1966347 »

Dude that is funny. :nanna:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I hear that black guy is the janitor at the UNI factory.
gman1966347

Post by gman1966347 »

Nice... :applaud:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Compton Filter Oil
Last edited by AlisoBob on October 5th, 2010, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »