NEW WISECO #871m0****

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
90cr500guy

Post by 90cr500guy »

M.F.D.B. wrote:When the kick arm hits the foot peg, the energy travels in a straight line, from you knee/hip, etc. to the foot peg, into the frame...

The one exception to this is a back fire pushing back against your foot. Unless the bones in your feet are stronger that the case, your foot breaks first, simple physics... :wink:
Actually, I think the cause is the leverage on the kicker after it hits the peg.

Learn to start the bike just short of hitting the peg. Lean your body forward so as you kick, you stop before the peg.
Brit's queer
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

90cr500guy wrote: Actually, I think the cause is the leverage on the kicker after it hits the peg.

Learn to start the bike just short of hitting the peg. Lean your body forward so as you kick, you stop before the peg.
Please explain...
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

90cr500guy wrote:
M.F.D.B. wrote:When the kick arm hits the foot peg, the energy travels in a straight line, from you knee/hip, etc. to the foot peg, into the frame...

The one exception to this is a back fire pushing back against your foot. Unless the bones in your feet are stronger that the case, your foot breaks first, simple physics... :wink:
Actually, I think the cause is the leverage on the kicker after it hits the peg.

no way... the kicker stop is too far down the lever to put any real force against the case. If the fulcrum (lever stop) were closer to the shaft, I could see that being a possibility. Cases blow out there from incomplete kicks leading to the motor firing backwards, when this happens the whole force of the combustion slams the kicker ratch assembly into the upper stop, everyone I have seen busted, the breaking point lined up with the kicker stop in the case.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I smash the kicker into the peg nearly every kick..... no issues ever.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

I smash the kicker into the peg every kick..... no issues ever. me too

i think mfdb meant if the kicker is put togher wrong so it dosent hit the peg stop and the gears n shit inside it do the stoping is what breaks cases
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
90cr500guy

Post by 90cr500guy »

dannygraves wrote: no way... the kicker stop is too far down the lever to put any real force against the case. If the fulcrum (lever stop) were closer to the shaft, I could see that being a possibility.
The kicker stop is only a little more than halfway

With all the force you apply and the heft of your leg, when the kicker hits the stop, it tries to pivot on it. All that force is transferred up and back.
This is the weak spot in the cases. The direction they always blow out.

Alot of the guys that break them out are always while kicking with out mention of a backfire.

Think about it and dont be so closed minded. Image
Brit's queer
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Last edited by glen howell on December 1st, 2010, 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Good idea Glen... Good idea for those guys who take their bike swiming from time to time too.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

Good idea Glen... Good idea for those guys who take their bike swiming from time to time too.
thats a nice benefit to doing the primer kicks when its cold... youd find out if its hydrolocked without breaking anything
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

buddy called me said 92.25 are done :cool:. got the keystone rings also, i guess thats good :confused:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Ya, this ring is better, the angle uses pressure to shove the ring against the cyl wall for a tighter seal.no more hot spots on the brittle little tabs like the old ones had.
100hp honda wrote:buddy called me said 92.25 are done :cool:. got the keystone rings also, i guess thats good :confused:
23champ

Post by 23champ »

100hp honda wrote:buddy called me said 92.25 are done :cool:. got the keystone rings also, i guess thats good :confused:
How do i get one, and what all sizes do they come in? I've got a 91mm in mine right now. I'd be interested in a 91.25 if they are avalible in that size.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

only 92.25 size. they were designed for 550 ktm motors so the pin height is different than honda. was around 8mm. probly use '86 motor with 144 rod and then use like a 2mm spacer or stack gaskets or somethin. if my math is correct that should get you about right.
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

Put that short a KS lever on that only the tip of the lever hits the peg and you'll bet certain that there's bugger all fulcrum effect.

glen howell

Post by glen howell »