Darwin, Oz

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Darwin, Oz

Post by AlisoBob »

Tourism is one of Darwin's largest industries. Tourism is a major industry and employment sector for the Northern Territory. In 2005/06, 1.38 million people visited the Northern Territory. They stayed for 9.2 million nights and spent over $1.5 billion.[65] The tourism industry directly employed 8,391 Territorians in June 2006 and when indirect employment is included, tourism typically accounts for more than 14,000 jobs across the Territory.

Darwin is a hub for tours to Kakadu National Park,[66] Litchfield National Park[67] and Katherine Gorge. The Territory is traditionally divided into the wet and dry, but there are up to six traditional seasons in Darwin. It is warm and sunny from May to September. Humidity rises during the green season, from October to April bringing thunderstorms and monsoonal rains which rejuvenates the landscape. Tourism is largely seasonal with most tourists visiting during the cooler dry season which runs from April to September

If I'm coming to Darwin with a shipping container of CR500's to sell, what else can I do while in the area with the Famm Damily?
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Mate Roostmaster & i will set ya strait.....try get here on a race weekend..come do an NT enduro :wink:
Bob your family, come say hello
500's...PM'd
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
south central hoon

Re: Darwin, Oz

Post by south central hoon »

AlisoBob wrote: a shipping container of CR500's to sell,
brilliant. :D

i recently sold my CB750 to a japanese guy doing the same thing in tokyo.
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

haha, great idea! I'm heading to Sydney next month sometime. Wish I could fit a few in the back of the Gulfstream....
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

AlisoBob wrote:what else can I do while in the area with the Famm Damily?

To be honest, theres so mutch to see, to do it properly you realy need 2 weeks & a 4x4 .
I can supply beers, bbq,fishin boat, & good company at no cost.
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

south central hoon wrote:
AlisoBob wrote: a shipping container of CR500's to sell,
brilliant. :D

i recently sold my CB750 to a japanese guy doing the same thing in tokyo.
SCH,

I hope you got good money from him - you might be stunned by how much he can sell it for there. The prices they pay for collectible bikes is astonishing - utterly over the top.

I sold a MHR a few years ago to Japan - direct to the collector. It financed my travel through Europe in 06 , taking in a lot of MX and RR GPs, plus the MX Des Nations. Goodness knows how much I could have sold it for now, but it was worth it just to see Everts make JS look like a beginner.

All the TT2 Replica frames I do go directly to Japan, and I've just started making some swingarms for the bloke I supply. It helps me pay the bills.
2strokes4ever

Post by 2strokes4ever »

To understand the NT you need 10 years, a tourist can never understand what we have here in a short time, you ned to live it breath it and drink it, LOL........ What ever happened with those billet covers??????
Two bangers, Guitar playing, Many beers

1996 CR500/2001 CR250 CONVERSION IN PROGRESS
2007 RM250
2010 Banshee
2004 CR 85
Roostmaster

Post by Roostmaster »

This is no shit stuff about the Northern Territory

About The Northern Territory Quick Facts
In brief
Population: around 200,000.
CAPITAL: DARWIN
AREA: 1,346,200 Sq Km.
LOCATION: In the Central-north of Australia between Queensland and Western Australia, and north of South Australia.
CLIMATE: Highest temp. 48.2° C at Charlotte Waters; lowest -7.5° at Alice Springs. The Top End has a high rainfall in the 'Wet Season' (Nov.to March) with warm winters due to its proximity to the equator. The southern section has mainly hot, dry weather with very cold winter nights.

Darwin was first settled in 1839 after 2 previous attempts. The Northern Territory contains two of Australia's best known attractions. Kakadu in the north, and Ayers Rock (Uluru) in the south. .

And this is no shit -

Latest NT News

Sex toy robber fined for hotel assault
MAN who followed stranger into a hotel room assaulted him before stealing a bag of sex toys.

Prawns used in assault on man
A MAN was slammed in the face with a block of prawns when he caught an intruder going through his fridge.

Firebomb accused 'threatens' lawyer
MAN who allegedly attacked Darwin insurance office also calls Supreme Court judge a slut

Officer fired Taser eight times at ill man
CORONER finds a police officer inappropriately used a Taser on a mentally ill man who later died

Fortune teller blamed for teen 'torture'
A MEAT cleaver, samurai sword and a Lady Gaga CD reportedly used in torture of an alleged teen thief

You know you're from the Northern Territory when...

You don't think Humpty Doo is a funny placename
You drive 400 kilometres to go to a party
You own different pairs of thongs for different occasions
You mow your lawn and find a car
The cockroaches left you a note saying 'please clean up'
You lived through Cyclone Tracy
You've been fired from a construction job because of your appearance
You start to like the architecture of Parliament House
You consider the NT News deep reading
You know you're a Territorians when you think a stubby cooler is the greatest invention of all time
You've got 15 recipes for mango chutney

We have the worlds biggest stubby and the worlds highest alcohol consumption - :D :foam: :belch: :woot:

Because of the logistics of shipping bottles such a long distance, it was decided that a bigger bottle would be used – a 2.25 litre giant which became known as the “Darwin Stubby”.

It was appropriate that the biggest beer bottles in the world were used in the city with the biggest beer consumption per capita in the world.

Biggest mud gecko's in the world :shark:

Have a drink with a local
:clink: Image

The fishings pretty good

Our boats are made from beer cans

Living in the NT rocks, its about the lifestyle. Ive been in the NT all my life and around Oz + for the last 18 months seen a lot of the world, but nothing is quite like living in the NT, its the freedom.

There are no boat registrations or skippers licences, no fishing licences, thousands of kilometers of unfenced riding areas, no rec rego or green sticker bullshit, everyone is really laid back and all about having a good time, fuck Im home sick now thinking about it...... Yeh right now Im at work in the Sahara fucking Desert in Africanistan...
I have been to the top of the mountain and yes it is good.
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

Who the F*ck would want to go to Australia??

Its definately a place I am going to go. Just today one of my best friends from Sydney left after a visit. We had about 1,000 Australian's in town for the Knoxville Nationals last week. On the whole, some of the best people there are. Just don't play drinking games with an Aussie... :buddies:
2strokes4ever

Post by 2strokes4ever »

I was born in Darwin in 1971, i went to Ludmilla Primary school in the 70's, used to play space invaders and eat junk food at a shop called Boobies on Bagot road and our family home was blown down in Cyclone Tracey in 74, i was only 3 years old but have memories of the old stilt house in Demsey place with just stilts standing and nothing else, our whole suburb was wiped out.

Two bangers, Guitar playing, Many beers

1996 CR500/2001 CR250 CONVERSION IN PROGRESS
2007 RM250
2010 Banshee
2004 CR 85
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

Hey I got one of those Darwin stub bottles, some crazy fukkah sent it global express

I live part time in the real northern territory, though.
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"