Rolling Thunder In D.C.

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
REV

Rolling Thunder In D.C.

Post by REV »

For those of you who are not familiar with Rolling Thunder, every year on the Sunday before Memorial Day, 3,000 veterans on motorcycles, (hundreds of which rode completely across the country, LA to DC with "Ride for the Wall" leave the Pentagon, pass Arlington Cemetery and parade through Washington DC straight down Constitution Ave.

It is a tremendously moving experience. Absolutely fantastic. It is estimated that 3 Million People, Families, Veterans, Bikers, and folks of all kinds pack Washington DC over the Memorial Day Weekend for this event.

There is something also very special about it.

One marine, referred to as the saluting marine, stands there on Constitution Ave and salutes at attention for three straight hours and never drops his arm. It was 92 degrees there on this Sunday.

That has to kill your arm standing at present arms for three solid hours. The heat must be unbearable in dress blues. He did take a drink of water with his left hand, but never dropped his right.

George W Bush used to meet every year with the leaders of Rolling Thunder before the parade (click link on the right after viewing the link below). President Obama does not.
DIE TRYN!!!
YOU MAY BE A PIT BULL BUT
I WILL CHEW ON UR ACHILLES TENDON LIKE A CHIHUAHUA.
Crow500

Re: Rolling Thunder In D.C.

Post by Crow500 »

REV wrote:George W Bush used to meet every year with the leaders of Rolling Thunder before the parade (click link on the right after viewing the link below). President Obama does not.
That shit really pisses me off. What a dick.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Like I said before, maybe a solid marine will push his ass out of that helicopter.
He would have been fragged by now if he wasn't the president.

Always faithful.