Calling all Aussies....Billet ignition & clutch shan cov

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
asteroid500

Calling all Aussies....Billet ignition & clutch shan cov

Post by asteroid500 »

Ok Aussies,
some months back i tossed up an expression of interest in the Shan man covers....well he's doing a run so lets put or $ were our mouth's are, there quite a few Aussies wanting them...the product forum has a NEED TO KNOW amount needed so lets get'm while we can....

I'm in for 2 sets....Who's next.
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
other

Post by other »

I'm up for one set, depending on price, and if they will fit a '90 CR500 fitted with a CRE500 ignition/lighting coil . . . . . . What $ incl shipping ?
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Powermiser,
could you please ask this question in the product review section.....
thats were the tally is with cost & such,
Youd also have to ask about there CRE adaptorbility.
Cheers
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

other wrote:I'm up for one set, depending on price, and if they will fit a '90 CR500 fitted with a CRE500 ignition/lighting coil . . . . . . What $ incl shipping ?
Other - not a hope in hell of one of those fitting your HM ignition - if you've got the original 500 plastic ignition cover you'll see that.

You've already got a billet cover in the HM part - where the HM is machined into the cover, it's very thin, I wouldn't try to weld over the HM and re- machine anything. If you want something different, just get a piece of alloy and get a competent engraver to put whatever design you want on it ( easier to find an engraver than a machinist, generally, to do this) , then have the disc of alloy welded on. Of course, remove the stator and foam before this.

You can also machine the HM case to take a bolt at the lower , forward case mount, instead of the dodgy stud only set up as std, very strange how they didn't make it to be properly bolted on, or machined the cover to take the original o'ring instead of the thick paper gasket.
other

Post by other »

cheers bearoso. I've got my own AC Tig, lathe and overhead milling machine, so if I end up popping the HUGE bucks for the CRE stator, I guess I'll be making my own ignition cover . . . . I'm basically just a lazy bugger, and would rather not. [Still keen on the clutch cover though]. I am considering the option of an internal type lighting coil, in which case, I assume the ignition side would become viable again ? I am planning to retain the battery on my CFR/X conversion, so I'm thinking the 30 odd watt output of the internal coils would be sufficient to provide a maintenance charge ? Any thoughts on the best way to go ?
Cheers
OTHER [Over The Hill Enduro Rider]
2strokes4ever

Post by 2strokes4ever »

2 sets for me
Two bangers, Guitar playing, Many beers

1996 CR500/2001 CR250 CONVERSION IN PROGRESS
2007 RM250
2010 Banshee
2004 CR 85