Diesel owners in Kali

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

When I lived in Florida, the Troopers were carrying sticks to check the diesel, If you got caught running off road or red dyed fuel it was a $1K per gallon fine! :shock:
arleybeer40

Post by arleybeer40 »

Yah they've always done that here to, just have'nt always checked regular trucks. They always go after work trucks and semi's. I run the red when im out and cant make it from work to the nearest station that has diesel.
Brit must be gay because he always says hes gonna have a fag
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

arleybeer40 wrote:Yah they've always done that here to, just have'nt always checked regular trucks. They always go after work trucks and semi's. I run the red when im out and cant make it from work to the nearest station that has diesel.

I have been stoped just to check my tank for red diesel. They even checked the tank in the bed :shock:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

and i thought you boys lived in the land of the free :P
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
britincali

Post by britincali »

JBaze wrote:When I lived in Florida, the Troopers were carrying sticks to check the diesel, If you got caught running off road or red dyed fuel it was a $1K per gallon fine! :shock:

In england the fine is massive and they confescate your vehicle, they have test setups that can detect it 1 part per 1,000,000.

I knew a few guys that ran dual tanks with a hidden valve, that worked really well untul the testors quit checking tanks and now only test by cracking an injector.

What sucked is you could buy a used car where someone had been running red and even a few thousand miles later test positive for it due to the sensativity.

When you figure diesel is now 1.35 (pound sterling) a liter ($8.71 a gal)and red diesel is .30p ($1.94 a gal) a liter its very very tempting.

My dad runs straight cooking oil in his nissan diesel, it smokes more and dont like starting when its cold out, aside from the smell its bitchin and costs half what diesel does when bought in 5gal jugs from the restaurent wholesaler.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

[quote=""SOLID Bro!!""]
AlisoBob wrote:I just forwarded this post, and a photo of Solid's license plate to C.A.R.B.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/diesel/diesel.htm

YOU DICK!!!!![/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock:
You tell him Eric. :lol:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
90cr500guy

Post by 90cr500guy »

hoofarted wrote: WTF does exhaust have to do with it? Stock exhaust is only more restrictive and will smoke more with tunes - excessive tunes.
Modification of Exhaust Systems
27151. No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of the vehicle so that the vehicle is not in compliance with the provisions of Section 27150 or exceeds the noise limits established for the type of vehicle in Article 2.5 (commencing with Section 27200). No person shall operate a motor vehicle with an exhaust system so modified.

Diesel Vehicles: Excessive Pollution: Removal from Service
27159. Any uniformed member of the California Highway Patrol may order a vehicle stored when it is located within the territorial limits in which the member may act if requested by a representative of the State Air Resources Board to remove the vehicle from service pursuant to subdivision (f) of Section 44011.6 of the Health and Safety Code. All towing and storage fees for a vehicle removed under this section shall be paid by the owner.

Exhaust Pipes
27152. The exhaust gases from a motor vehicle shall not be directed to the side of the vehicle between 2 feet and 11 feet above the ground.

Anyone got a lifted truck where the tailpipe is more than 24 inches from the ground?

Decibal standard is 95dba, 20 inches from tailpipe

For the state, this is all about 1 thing, revenue!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

wow, that 2nd one really sucks... that means even with NV plates, if I'm in cali, my shit could get impounded :shock:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

here in NV they smog all diesels, but its a really basic test. my '82 6.2l c10 passed and we nick named that truck "ol' smokey" because of its smoke screen effects. :lol:
They put it on a chassis dyno with a tailpipe sniffer, so if you have a bug smoke 1000hp tune, you probably will raise a red flag. My truck tested in at 40bhp and smoked out the whole business park where the test station was and still passed.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
hoofarted

Update!

Post by hoofarted »

Found some updates on this smog deal:

Below is quoted from here:

http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/PubWebQuery ... eKey=29482
ET Blast # 29482
To: All licensed stations
Subject: Aftermarket Parts List for Diesel Vehicles

Effective today, the California Air Resources Board (ARB) has established a ?Products in Progress List? for some diesel vehicle aftermarket parts. The list identifies diesel aftermarket parts that have a pending application filed with ARB for an Executive Order (EO). The list can be found on ARB's Web site at www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php.
Please refer to this list when conducting a Smog Check inspection on diesel vehicles equipped with aftermarket parts. Any part included on the list shall be treated, until further notice, as having passed that portion of the visual test. The list also contains a notice to technicians and consumers on use of the list in the current inspection cycle.
Diesel vehicles must still pass all other portions of the Smog Check inspection, including the visible smoke test, the OBD functional test, and other visual checks, such as the presence of a catalyst.

If you have any questions, please contact BAR?s Service Desk at 1-866-860-8509.
Compose Dt: 5/6/2010 5:20:45 PM
Sent Dt: 5/6/2010 5:20:47 PM
Publish Dt: 5/10/2010 9:39:32 AM
Parent Key:
Here's the list of pending products:

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/p ... s_list.pdf

Mine stuff is actually on that list, less my CCV re-route. So I wonder if I should still return it to stock form prior to the test in Oct. or if I am safe... :?
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

fucken commiefornia! Its just a matter of time until all that crap bleeds across the border to here :?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
90cr500guy

Post by 90cr500guy »

dannygraves wrote:fucken commiefornia! Its just a matter of time until all that crap bleeds across the border to here :?
yep
Brit's queer
arleybeer40

Post by arleybeer40 »

I belive all the componets listed would have a carb eo # (like there gas engine counterparts) if there had been a requirement for them before.
Brit must be gay because he always says hes gonna have a fag
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

pstoffers wrote:then if it dont smoke your good....
my 7.3 didnt smoke unless i loaded it up in 4th gear and rolled into it then i could fill a parking lot with black soot :D.. if im just driving and romping on it and not loading it up mine had a very very light grey smoke every once in a while and has a mild chip and exhaust.. it still whooped on a newer dirty max even at 200k miles on the ticker :D
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

Thank god for living in Montana....you folks can keep all your smog control nazis down south. They don't inspect, test, or generally give a rat's ass what we do up here.

My buddy runs used hydraulic oil in his 12 valve cummins. He says it gets better mileage and makes the same if not more power than running it on diesel fuel. We cycle through thousands of gallons of hydraulic oil where we work (saw mill) so he takes it home free in 55 gallon barrels.
I've considered buying a 12 valve cummins just so I have access to free fuel too.

I don't really have a need for a diesel truck. My gas trucks pull our boat, dirt bike trailer, and camper just fine. If I ran down the highway towing a lot I may think differently....but my towing usually consists of crappy dirt roads traveling 35 mph or less anyway.