new dune blaster

Use some common sense ....
2strokeforever

new dune blaster

Post by 2strokeforever »

slowly learning how to ride my trials bike

a rare (for me) perfect double blip

blowing a corner :lol:

the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Gravel Scratcher

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

was wondering how long it would take you to get a proper trials bike for the sort or riding you do. Love my 500 but the type of stuff you were trying to do with it was like cracking a nut with a sledgie. I've never been on a trials bike but they sure do look like fun
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Makes me want to get one....I feel like it would improve my off-road riding abilities a LOT.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

the weird thing is im better at the logs, rock faces.... on the 500

with a trials bike you have to use the correct technique (precisely timed suspension weighting and unweighting) to get over stuff, where on the 500 you can close your eyes and pin it and its got enough power to launch over/ plow thru pretty much anything

after hearing how magical trials tires are im not impressed, its really good on rocks and feels like this everywhere else, and when you break loose it feels like neutral....

i wouldnt run a TT on a enduro bike if you paid me
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

1st, to assume all trials tires are created equal would be daft.

2nd, by your own admission, you're a brute force kind of rider. I can easily see a trials tire not working for you with that mindset. Momentum compensates for a shitload of mistakes.

3rd, magical? Hardly. Better? So far, in about 90% of situations, this Michelin I have on my bike is vastly superior to my usual M5B. In 10%, it's terribad. Soft downhills in particular. Extra caution is mandatory there. My YZ will continue to get this Michelin trials on it. The 500 will continue with the M5B's.

Oh, did I mention I'm jealous of you new acquisition?
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

MojoScojo wrote: Momentum compensates for a shitload of mistakes.
assuming you can control the momentum and not let it throw you off instead :lol:
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.