Pro Moto Billet Kickstand

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Pro Moto Billet Kickstand

Post by AlisoBob »

Well, I got my P.M.B. kickstand, but it wasnt a pure bolt on... ( 1997 Steel frame)

Honda doesnt know that P.M.B. is counting on the chain roller lugs to be positioned perfectly. As a result my kickstand didnt fit ( the holes were too far apart on the kicker). I reamed them slightly and things lined up well enough to get the bolts in...
However, when in the stowed position the "foot" was close to the rear tire at full suspension travel. I put two washers under the upper mount and that moved the foot close to the subframe upright and out of the way. I sent a email to P.M.B. to see if these are normal problems...

Other than that, I'm real happy with it. The bike is very stable when on the stand ( MUCH better than the triangle!!)

The attached pictures show the spacers, and the final position of the "Foot" when stowed... ( My god does my bike look filthy!!! Should have washed it first!!) I'm refitting the frame guard so it can go back on. Ill post a picture showing the final install.

Ratings.....

Quality A
Fit B ( considering placement of the mounting lugs are out of their control)
Function A
Value A+

Overall a solid "B+"

Update! (1-10-04) Rode today...from the moment I unloaded the bike, stopped on various trails, then washed it and put it away that PMB kickstand was simply a joy to use. Say NO! to the triangle!!

I'm raising my rating to an "A"..this is a must have item!

TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

Mine bolted right up to my 99 steelie.

No hole reaming here...... :rotfl:

thestuz

Post by thestuz »

does it get in the way of your boot? can you kick start the bike while on the stand? is it out the way of the tyre? whats the long term update like?
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

1. no
2. too much stress
3. yes
4. best investment I made for my 500
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

thestuz

Post by thestuz »

damn, spent ten mins looking at ms canada before i ever read your msg. what a camel toe!!! and yeah might get the stand.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

ive wanted a kickstand for my bike for...forever. i hate that most bikes dont have them. so stupid, like they expect you to carry along a fuggin tree to lean the bike on.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

If the ground is soft enough, dig a hole with the back wheel and the bike will hold itself up. :wink:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

CR500R7 wrote:If the ground is soft enough, dig a hole with the back wheel and the bike will hold itself up. :wink:
not always an option, but i have done this in the past lmao

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Darrell262

Post by Darrell262 »

Hard on back tire sometimes.
98 Cr 500 Steelie, 08 KTM 300
Both sporting Tera Flex 150x90x18 tires.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Got me a PMB for christmas. it is a FINE piece of machined metal, looks killer. I will report back on the fitment.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

turn the gas off and lay it over if you really need to stop
when im riding im on the bike unless im leaning against the truck refueling, eating..., and when im done drive into the truck
so i have no use for one
everyone i know that has a PMB likes them tho
heard of them (dont know what brand) coming down, then rock= ejection lever
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

2strokeforever wrote:turn the gas off and lay it over if you really need to stop
when im riding im on the bike unless im leaning against the truck refueling, eating..., and when im done drive into the truck
so i have no use for one
everyone i know that has a PMB likes them tho
heard of them (dont know what brand) coming down, then rock= ejection lever
definitely wouldnt be the PMB because the forward motion would just slap the kicker back up, but the way the PMB unit is set up, i doubt it falling down would ever even happen.

stopping to eat, taking a break at the MX track, parking the bike......any time you arent on the bike, makes walking away from the bike a breeze.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Ok, just installed mine. fit was perfect, bolted right on. and bob hit the nail on the head with functionality.....no bike should ever come without a kickstand. How many people truly only use their bike for MX? hell, the japs should enlist PMB to make units for all their bikes right out of the factory.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

2T500

Post by 2T500 »

The PMB gets a big thumbs up from me, fit on my 97 steely is perfect, had this on my 96 cr250 for a while and fit was brilliant as well, these things are so well out of the way and nice to use, value for money and functionality gets an A+ here. I fit the axle bolt so that the triangle can be used on the opposite side to the stand so any work on the bike not on the bench its easy to have it lean either way. I have a swing arm mounted side stand on my other 500, happier to chop that for the 17" wheels that bike is getting, wasn't keen to chop the PMB as its just so good, will keep that for my off road bikes. just my 0.02c :) buy one if your even thinking about it.. :D
CR500 Enduro
mr500

Post by mr500 »

:D Just bolted up a PMB,straight fit :D smiles all round here. :D
Looks great,works even better,no more looking for something to lean the bike against.
I can now let it idle on the side stand,used to vibrate off the work stand.
Best aftermarket stand i'v ever seen.
Keep it real, Keep it steel.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

:cool:
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Ordered another PMB for my 500 conversion (02 450 frame).

The one on my 250 is a year old, and still functions perfect. Awesome add-on, you'll never know its there, until you're using it.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

mr500

Post by mr500 »

Had to add some washers Bob style, as the stand arm sat over the arc of the tyre.Smile'n again :D
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

Finally got my two promoto kick stands for our bike the fit and finish is superb my only complaint is that they don't lay over enough might cut a bit out of the length of the stand but these are what aftermarket parts should fit like.
Greg
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Just installed my second PMB on my CRF450/CR500. Simple install, awesome fit and function! :cool:

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

mr500

Post by mr500 »

One thing I did notice was when you flick the stand arm up it smashes into the stand pivot case with a BANG and was flairing the edges.
Cure...Small rubber cushion
I cut a small peice out of a ribbed alternator drive belt,approx 10mm x10mm x 3mm high.Shaved off most of the ribs.
Put a bit of superglue on the back of the cushion slotted it into position (where the stand arm rests against the pivot case when up) retracted the stand arm to up position to hold the cushion and let the glue set.
Now i can flick up the stand arm and no more BANG! :D
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

mr500 wrote:One thing I did notice was when you flick the stand arm up it smashes into the stand pivot case with a BANG and was flairing the edges.
Cure...Small rubber cushion
I cut a small peice out of a ribbed alternator drive belt,approx 10mm x10mm x 3mm high.Shaved off most of the ribs.
Put a bit of superglue on the back of the cushion slotted it into position (where the stand arm rests against the pivot case when up) retracted the stand arm to up position to hold the cushion and let the glue set.
Now i can flick up the stand arm and no more BANG! :D
They started doing this right from PMB. My CR kickstand doesnt have the rubber, but my CRF stand does. Bought the CRF stand a year after the CR stand.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

I got my PMB kick stand for the 450-500 today.
looks to be the best thing I have got for this bike,I'm tossing my triange in the dumpster tomorrow...

Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

Ive got two for gen3s bought a year apart. The later one has a metal back instead of plastic and has more lightening done to the leg of it.

I like that they seem to be continually improving their product.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Gmbond wrote:Ive got two for gen3s bought a year apart. The later one has a metal back instead of plastic and has more lightening done to the leg of it.

I like that they seem to be continually improving their product.
between the two that I have, the new one has more lightening and it had a impact rubber for when you put the kickstand in the "up" position so it doesnt tear the aluminum up. Definitely a good company for sure. I will have to check the plastic vs metal backing as well.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6