why is it so quiet around here!

Kuma

why is it so quiet around here!

Post by Kuma »

I visit this site at lunch from work 5 days a week, lately it is dead silent, did everyone move to the other site?
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

I'm still here just don't post much
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I'm here too, think 500's are just dead and nobody cares but a select few...sad.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Unfortunately I'll have to blame it on FaceBook

Its way too easy to post a picture, share shit etc on that platform.

But trying to dig up something from history is a slut on facebook, everything is passed by time, not in sections like we have here. That deal will come and go and banned will keep rolling on as if it were carved in stone.

I'm guilty of posting to FB and not here :roll:

I'd done up a bunch of tech articles to post and lost them with a laptop crash, haven't had time to look at re-doing any of that.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

And then there is this bullshit about photo hosting like my photobucket link at the bottom here. They've gotten greedy and unless you bleed for them you can't link images anymore. Even going to a hosted account there you get an advertisement between each picture as you scroll. :evil:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

need to start up the old "t&A matinee" or something lol
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Facebook.

I hate it. But that's where everyone has gone.

I'd still be here, but there's no one here.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Rhino89523 wrote:I'm here too, think 500's are just dead and nobody cares but a select few...sad.
Hardly. The market here in North Idaho is still healthy.
No longer have a CR500.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Well, thought I'd drop in and see if there is life out there.

Haven't ridden since july last year. My racing bud had to take the transfer to Everett, WA. for the 777 program and my camping bud moved to Fall, NV. At the first of the year.

Been doing the Uber / Lyft thing since the Long Beach / Boeing C-17 plant wide closer, but someone lied to Uber about there dog being a "Service Animal" so I got deactivated / fired. Still do some Lyft trips but those are in between delivery blocks of packages for Amazon as the Riverside warehouse is only 2.5 miles form me.

The trailer needs new wood, new battery and tries on the truck so its ready togo. but I'm getting the iche to ride. The Moto tracks are nearby but may do a couple of trips to Anza Borrago or perhaps EL Mirage dry lake should Saberguy want to meet up.

Cheers ! And yes I do miss Jay, the friends here and the Mai Tai madness.
ps. A couple of weeks ago I did get a Lyft ride from San Bernadino to 29 Palms Ugh ! 85 miles. But thinking of Jay for most of it. I would have dropped in, but....
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
GDA1

Post by GDA1 »

wish all was here too, registered members only.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Yeah Iggy we need to meet up sometime!!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I need to consider a different platform here and how much I want to spend on this forum. The facebook groups are killing this, too east to post and comment. I need something as fluid but it’s likelt crazy $. Ktmtalk, ThumperTalk etc, they’ve got a better deal but not near as mobile as Fb even
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Reddit?
No longer have a CR500.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Man don't make me go back to Facebook...that was a horrible experience.

Politics, freaks from the past, all the people I never wanted to find finding me. Apparently sarcasm doesn't translate well in text, people I've never met threatening to kick my ass...me wanting to give out my address to give them the chance to do so. Don't make me go back just for CRparts. Let that Zuckerburg get his claws into me.
cowboyona426

Post by cowboyona426 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:And then there is this bullshit about photo hosting like my photobucket link at the bottom here. They've gotten greedy and unless you bleed for them you can't link images anymore. Even going to a hosted account there you get an advertisement between each picture as you scroll. :evil:
Google "photobucket hotlink fix" and there should be a patch for your browser of choice that allows the photobucket images to be displayed.
16 YZ 450FX
01 XR 400R
98 CR 500R
91 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
98 WR 250Z
91 XR 200R
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

its their change in hosting, they want to charge to share image links now
cowboyona426

Post by cowboyona426 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:its their change in hosting, they want to charge to share image links now
Yes, but if you install the fix in your browser, the photos will display and you don't have to pay the bastards. It took all of 30 seconds for the patch to install on my computer and now I can see photobucket photos again :cool:
16 YZ 450FX
01 XR 400R
98 CR 500R
91 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
98 WR 250Z
91 XR 200R
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

Also, if you use the "direct link" URL and the "Img" button in the toolbar, the images will come through. Don't use the "IMG" link on PB. I've used this on several sites with no problems.

'87 CR500R / (2) '01 CR500R / '02 MPS CR500R AF / '06 XR650R / '06 XR650L / '01 XR400R / '01 FLHTCUI / '04 CRF 450R / '84 CR500R / '89 Transalp /'05 CRF450X / '02 XR200R
Jay Birdsong

Don't you know about the Bird?
hurky

Post by hurky »

I'm really old-school regarding social networks, I have an FB account but that's it, what I like on FB is that you can ask something really fast and you normally get an answer in a few minutes. The problem, that information will get lost very soon as it is mostly impossible to search for anything so the same questions are being asked again and again...

What I like on forums like this is that you have sections and can search for anything, no matter if the post happened years ago you can still grab that information.

For the real-time chats I'm still an IRC user, it's a shame that those things got lost in favor of the 'social networks'.

Any of us can contribute to more movement in this forum by posting our stuff here and not on FB, or at least do both and give the forum a preference, this way we will see more happening here. I would really like that to happen :D

Cheers
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

I thought I'd pop in as well. Been a while. What we need is a private FB group that indexs the content here. A way to join the two (Privacy mitigated) would be awesome.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Kuma

Post by Kuma »

it seems that the site is in a coma, get well soon Banned, it would be a shame to lose all of the information this site holds and it's always felt a little more like bull shitting around the camp fire than other sites. Not so PC.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Hey....hey...hey.....mutha' fuckers!

Just checkin in....

My new ride....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sd_Baml9p4

Roosty made some parts for it. Came out perfect, as you would expect.

Glad to see the ol' place is still around.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
cowboyona426

Post by cowboyona426 »

MojoScojo wrote:
Rhino89523 wrote:I'm here too, think 500's are just dead and nobody cares but a select few...sad.
Hardly. The market here in North Idaho is still healthy.
I had my 98 on Craigslist a while back for $2000 and never got a single bite. Not sure there is much interest in the 500's in this area anymore except for a select few.
16 YZ 450FX
01 XR 400R
98 CR 500R
91 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
98 WR 250Z
91 XR 200R
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Holy Shit Bob!!!! You look great for starters, car looks bad ass!!! who the fuck is going to drive it? doesn't appear to be enough room between the back of the seat and the firewall to fit your gigantic body. Glad to see you're still playing with stuff. I'm still loving your old AF!!!
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

I still pop in from time to time. Haven't been able to ride much since I moved out to the farm I'm on now. Hoping to knock a few miles down this season if possible, but my old gang pretty much split up, and it is I alone now.

Still have both 500s, the niner is going thru a full restore, Dan's bike just needs petrol out in the tank and its ready to fly.
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"