Speeo for cr-500

Different discipline.... same Hoon behavior
jeffatc250r

Speeo for cr-500

Post by jeffatc250r »

What are you guys using on yours? I have a magellin gps mounted to the bars and i hate it. I personally could care less if i have it, but massachusetts law requires one.
I was thinking of perhaps a dash from an xr? Are the speedos cable driven? Maybe i can swap the front wheel to get the drive hub?
What else are you guys using?
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

I happen to have (spare) both a cable-driven OEM speedo from a CRF-X and a cable-driven Acewell digital speedo / tachometer. PM me if you are interested.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
jeffatc250r

Post by jeffatc250r »

I may be interested in the oem dash, how does it mount though is what im concerned about. Want to keep things clean looking and not cobbled together. Ive been trying to locate a friend of a friend to get a good look at his to see if it will work on the cr
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

http://www.acewell-meter.com/
The model is a 37XX and you can download a manual from the web site. Looking in the box I found a plastic mount that the speedo sits in that gives you additional indicators if you want to wire them up (fuel, turn signals etc.) You'll see they provide a Y-shaped mounting plate that uses the tab on the leading edge of the CRF-X triple clamps. The OEM odometer has the same mounting bolts. If you are using CR or after-market clamps you are going to have to get mounting bracket or fab something. The off-road market does all sorts of mounting brackets for GPS etc.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I like that 37XXX

Call me Mike.
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

That's a cool looking unit.

It's better than the other one you were looking at Bob.

After the ride and my gps batteries going to "low batteries" warning I turned it off for emergency purposes so out goes the speedo or directions.

I can't tell if turn signals are on. and I couldn't see the stock trip-o-meter how many painful miles I had left.

This one is next

Algava

Post by Algava »

I want a Spot too but pretty soon everyone will have one so I won't need it :wink: unless I'm flying solo.
The mirror sucks big time, no way you can see behind you the few times I was checking.
durkn

Post by durkn »

TrailTech Endurance
It passes the safety check for streel legal plate.