CR500 noob... building a snowbike

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
phazertwo

CR500 noob... building a snowbike

Post by phazertwo »

So I am totally new to the two stroke bike world. I have had a DRZ-400E (w/ easy button) for years, but it just won't cut the mustard in the snow.

I have also been sledding for years. I have a '09 Arctic Cat M8 w/ a race gas turbo, it has been an awesome sled, and puts a mile wide smile on my face every-time it hits 12lbs of boost. However my friends and I have gotten in to more and more technical riding in tight trees on steep side hills. Everything was fine, and I thought I had it all figured out, then all my buddys switched to snowbikes and well... Turbo sled is for sale!

I bought a 1994 CR500 about a month ago, started and ran well as far as I could tell. I figured I would be able to get at least the first season out of it before I had to tear into it. Long story short I found out the piston was cracked when I was checking the reed cage. So now it's getting a little love. The plan is to make this a dedicated snow bike, no need to convert it back and forth.

Anyway... I joined up here because there seems to be a lot of good tech, and I am going to need it!

PZImage
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Glad you joined!
If you can't find what you're hunting, please ask!