HOON Fest By The Sea "2011"

WTF Happened!!!!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

"If you need to eat breakfast, eat it.....If you need to drink coffee, drink it...If you need to take a shit, take it...standard ride time is 9:00" Jay Lewis quote as well as I can remember it, Lot of Mai Tai's for me that night.

Well it's always a little weird to go to a party or event where everyone knows each other and really you don't know anyone. I had met Al and Bob at Hoonfest but in the overall scope of my life, briefly. So I really just want to say thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome.

The Lewisclan rocks period, they broke the mold on this group. Great family, they were dealing with some tires when I left and I didn't get to say Thank You for everything, so from the bottom of my heart...Thank You!!!!

Bob I already liked, so it stands to reason the rest of his family would be cool too, no dissappointment there. This Hoon lifestyle must be O.K. because all the family's in camp were very kind. Great Burger Jack!! Incredible salsa, and I am looking up computer labyrinths as soon as I am done writeing this.

Algava and family took me in as the orphan I Am, I was fed sample platters all weekend.

Kuma (Bill) was my neighbor in camp, we talked a lot and I enjoyed following him through the dunes, he has a great eye for riding dunes and picks fun paths through them.

Scott and his Brother are super cool dudes, a had a couple fun rides with them, great dune eyes and lines, fun in camp, great fireworks.

Nice to meet and talk to the Graves, even if he only rides a 450 now :lol:

Iggy and his wife were just like everyone else there, super cool. My pleasure on the clutch cable.

The whole dumont crew were cool.

Sabre and his wife are really nice. Thank You you guys for holding down the real estate you did, our site was huge! The turds were very tasty too.

Brit and Tox what can I say, you guys rock. Brit, dude I am really sorry for taking you out and still feel bad about it.

It was really a pleasure to meet everyone. I screwed up a few things that effected other people. I didn't tighten my sprocket bolts in my multiple sprocket changes and cost some people some riding time, I took out Brit. I hope helping out with the old truck makes up for that a bit. I heard a few people say things to the effect that they were worried weather I was having a good time or feeling bad because they had me looking around for a rail in the dunes in my truck. A little info about me. If I am not at work with my phone turned off, I'm happy. If i'm at the beach or riding dirtbikes, I'm happy. If I'm in my truck, I'm happy.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome it is always nice to put a face to a screen name, if it works out I will bring the family next year. I had a great time.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

We had a great time as always . Thanks to everyone for coming out
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
britincali

Post by britincali »

Rhino89523 wrote: Brit, dude I am really sorry for taking you out and still feel bad about it.

Like I said in the dunes stop dude, its all good shit happens :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Was this Al's Birthday Cake???
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

Bob says,
Thats what you great for trying to put 4 lbs in a 2 1/2 lb bottle.

:rotfl:
but rattled like a son-of'a-bitch at 3/4 throttle
i hope my bike isnt pinging bad (running a c needle), hard to tell with the kicker rubbing the pipe and everything else rattling around

but i did ask roosty to not go to town on the head cause i dont know what the timing is at and will probably end up running crappy gas often
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

My bike sounded like this.... but worse.

iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

AHHHH NOOOOO...... :lol: or that is a very Rich sounding ping. :lol:

What it should sound like is pea gravel hitting the skid plate.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Thats just a goofy vid I got in my inbox today Igg....

It was the classic " death rattle " sound at Pismo...
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Just goofin..... :lol: :wink:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Oh how badly I want to put a finger in that cake.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

AlisoBob wrote:My bike sounded like this.... but worse.

Eat too many atomic buffalo turds, slosh it around with beer and you will duplicate that...without the bike.

Thats terrible man....hope you get it squared away.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

Rhino89523 wrote:Oh how badly I want to put a finger in that cake.
X491 :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :applaud: :applaud:
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Brit what kind of bell is your helmet that thing is sweet.
Kevin
britincali

Post by britincali »

I think its a moto 5 or some shit, they had a clearance sale at bell a couple of years ago and I got it for $79, for a carbon fiber light ass bucket its hard to beat.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

:cool: :cool: Thanks man. A thousand thank yous and i found it online and its actually a moto 7r and its looks badass and still pretty cheap. Not 79 bucks cheap though good lord that a good deal. I dont like spending much on helmets as i dont have much to protect.
Kevin
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

freeride588 wrote::cool: :cool: Thanks man. A thousand thank yous and i found it online and its actually a moto 7r and its looks badass and still pretty cheap. Not 79 bucks cheap though good lord that a good deal. I dont like spending much on helmets as i dont have much to protect.
This is a good place to get a Bell and they have good clearance (blow-out) prices.

http://www.bellhelmets.com/index.cfm?fu ... gory_id=66
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Thanks Hellbear you the man i will check it out.
Kevin
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

We had a blast as usual

Some pics:

88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Oh I forgot there were two canvas fold up chairs left there so I snagged them. Iggy I am pretty sure one is yours because it has C17 on the back the other one is just a dark blue/navy colored, you claim it its yours.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Algava

Post by Algava »

Nice cake, i'd stick something in it too, any of you watched "out cold" lol.
Didn't get to ride this year and have noticed that most everyone didn't ride that much either, definetly more drinking and bs ing.
Pismo is a place to decompress and talk about bikes and whatever else comes to mind, heavy drinking is normal.
I could have had a tragedy in my hands because I almost run over my son with the truck(I was sober), made me realize how shit can happen in a millisecond of distraction, i thank the lord Jesus Christ for keeping my family safe and spare me from what could have been the worst day of my life.After recovering psychologically from that, everything was unimportant and enjoy my family became paramount.
Nice seeing all of the people out there having a good time, I almost got to watch a boxing match from up close, I'm glad that got cleared out.
I've got some pictures,

I've got some short videos on my phone, I'll post them up when I get them downloaded.
Al out
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

is that an ironman sprocket?
were the bolts loose?
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Algava

Post by Algava »

Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Yes it was an Ironman, Yes the bolts were loose :(
B440

Post by B440 »

That makes me so envious. I have nothing like that where I live. They don't even let bicycles on our beaches.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

B440 wrote:That makes me so envious. I have nothing like that where I live. They don't even let bicycles on our beaches.
Pismo is the only place in california where you can do that.
Kevin