AZ HoonFEST Checklist

Gather Up for IGG'S BIRFDAY BASH @ DOVE SPRINGS!! March 16-18 2012
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

OK so I'm in for Hoonfest 2011. I am looking forward to a ride bigtime, its snowing heavy outside my office right now and I like riding dirtbikes more than snowboards. I am also looking forward to meeting some new people and riding a new area. It said on here to ask questions first, so here goes.

Tires, not trying to start a best oil or best piston thread, I need a new rear meat, what do you run? Is it all rocks, sand, a little of both? I run IRC VE33's mounted backwards a lot because they last a long time and mounted backwards they have a similar pattern to a M5B. Just curious what people run.

Gearing, I don't even know what mine is right now, but I rarely use first. Is this place all billygoat stuff? Do you guys gear way low? I ride a lot of tech trails but just want to get it close.

Jetting, what elevation is this place at? I can get myself close from there.

I assume someone will post up some directions as it gets closer so I will leave that alone for now.

Food, do you fend for yourself, or is it a fund you kick into and we all eat together type thing. If it is the fund deal thats fine, but I always make sure I have my personal needs (alcohol) taken care of plus bringing extra, thats basically a given. I like to contribute, so is there anything else I can bring like firewood, ice, water, I don't know I like to contribute so if there is something I can bring, let me know. If I am not told what to bring I will just get creative like a big bag of green for Brit.

Bike, Do I need a sticker like California or just a spark arrestor? I run a powercore 4 usually, are there noise Nazi's? Basically is there anything I need to do to the bike to keep the Rangers off of me? I don't want to drive 12 hours to have a ranger stick his finger up my ass and not let me ride.

Camping, same deal, permits? glass cool? I am sorry if my questions seem dorky but I grew up in California and have had a good time ruined by not knowing the rules.

Handguards, I have Acerbis Rally's on my bike and use them like boxing gloves for desert brush around here, is this good enough? or should I be putting on my winter covers, I have never dealt with cactus.

The rest I think I am good on. My bike is in good shape, it will look like I drug it behind the car from Reno so a dented pipe is not an issue. I wear a well stocked camelback always. I am not in great shape (washed up football player) but I am strong and can ride all day and I will smile on trails that make people cry and I never complain.

I am really looking forward to this and I apologize again for all the questions, I just want to be prepared. I am a very self sufficient type guy and dread ever having to rely on others. Please help me get dialed in for this.

Thank You in advance,
Matt
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Well now the family wants to come which means 16 and 15 year old daughters and 10 year old son. I am thinking the 15 year old - who is really quite strong and athletic - might ride the WR400F if we have time for some lessons before-hand. The other two want to ride quads.

If anyone has a spare quad they want to "rent" me for whatever, I'd be most grateful. These guys will only want to ride for a little at a time.

Also I am most definitely in the market for any kids "hand me down" riding gear - buy, rent or loan.

Thank you.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Hey RR this one is for Hoonfest, I think your looking for the dunefest one. Nobody is reading this one because it already happened and won't again until Feb or something.
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Clueless...sorry.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Join the club brother....I'm not mad at you.