FOOT PEGS

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
Ported&Polished

FOOT PEGS

Post by Ported&Polished »

I have a 91 and my foot pegs are small and narrow. My buddy has a 01 and the pegs are wide and nice. Will the newer foot pgs fit the older bike?
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Yes they will slide right on, buy the springs also. Or.....you can opt for a set of Fastways....fat-ass pegs there!
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Brit has some Fast-Ways he wants to sell...

Cant deal with the interference while kickstarting...

pm him.....
britincali

Post by britincali »

Yup im gonna swap 'em this afternoon for a set of IMS pros, hows $60 shipped sound?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
britincali

Post by britincali »

Heres a pic, I will warn you tho if you kick hard, straight and all the way thorugh it feels like you just removed the top of your foot with a butter knife......

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Those look cool, and they definetly fit my 91? Pming...
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Ported&Polished wrote:Those look cool, and they definetly fit my 91? Pming...
If they will fit my 89, you will have zero problems my friend.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

britincali wrote:Yup im gonna swap 'em this afternoon for a set of IMS pros, hows $60 shipped sound?
How do you like your IMS pros brit? Did you get the ''lowered'' set up or just the regular stock pegs?...I'm pretty tall but i've never had any noticeable problems with regular stock pegs...if anyone has tried the lowered foot peg idea please let me know because i need to make up my mind pretty soon on these pegs...thanks alot!
britincali

Post by britincali »

I love 'em :)

I got the regular ones.

The only time the suck really bad is when your pushing your bike, one slight glance and you have a wound that needs stiches :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

where do you buy em' from? ebay? 100$ usd is crazy expensive for a set of pegs!! but i'm sure they prevent any type of slippage...
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

I got IMS Pros from ebay for like $69
I love my too but one of them is sitting at a slight angle nothing a little filing won't take care of I don't even notice it while I am riding but if you look from behind the bike you can tell
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
MICK

Post by MICK »

britincali wrote:...if you kick hard, straight and all the way thorugh it feels like you just removed the top of your foot with a butter knife......
I'll second that. It's the kind of painfull you read about. A friend told me once, "Are you crying? There's no crying in motocross!!" It hurts. I keep my bike in a "prestine" condition of starting. I don't run plugs very long. I don't have to kick it hard and can use my toes.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
IDAHOBALLER

Post by IDAHOBALLER »

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could tell me if any of the footpegs for the 125/250's (what years?) will fit on my 2000 steelie. I am looking to pick up some aftermarket wide footpegs, and was just curious if any off of the other bikes are a direct bolt on.

Thanks!
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

Im using IMS Pro's on my 500.......I absolutely love them...no clearance issues when kickstarting.....I wear size 11 Gaerne SG-10's
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

bearorso

Post by bearorso »

KTM pegs will fit a steel framed bike.

You need the pegs & springs. To the best of my recollection, the KTM pegs are 30mm in width at the mount point, you just remove approximately 1mm , from the thicker rear side of the peg pivot point.

The pegs are a reasonable width (48/49mm), end up being, approx, 7 mm lower , plus about 10mm longer - the best thing is, there's a hell of a lot of KTMs out there that you can get these from, as so many people put bling on their KTMs.

A key thing with fitting of ANY peg, is the peg / kick starter interface. Even many stock peg / KS are bad in this respect.

With an AF, this is one of the things most people miss out on doing when they are making it.

With any peg / KS set up setting up a stopper, to reduce damage to your peg, KS, Cases & especially, your foot. The pictures below show the stop on the peg that I fitted, to suite my short KS, then the close to impact relationship they have. The stop is shaped to perfectly cup the KS, so you don't tear it to pieces.

iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Anybody have a link to some that are lowered?

03 CR250.

I think Bob had some but the CRX dosen't fit a CR
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

bearorso wrote:KTM pegs will fit a steel framed bike.

You need the pegs & springs. To the best of my recollection, the KTM pegs are 30mm in width at the mount point, you just remove approximately 1mm , from the thicker rear side of the peg pivot point.

The pegs are a reasonable width (48/49mm), end up being, approx, 7 mm lower , plus about 10mm longer - the best thing is, there's a hell of a lot of KTMs out there that you can get these from, as so many people put bling on their KTMs.

A key thing with fitting of ANY peg, is the peg / kick starter interface. Even many stock peg / KS are bad in this respect.

With an AF, this is one of the things most people miss out on doing when they are making it.

With any peg / KS set up setting up a stopper, to reduce damage to your peg, KS, Cases & especially, your foot. The pictures below show the stop on the peg that I fitted, to suite my short KS, then the close to impact relationship they have. The stop is shaped to perfectly cup the KS, so you don't tear it to pieces.

what year ktm pegs would you reccomend for large size. did they change over the years?
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

DRC pegs from gnarly parts rock, like stock but bigger grip good and arent hard on boots
$45
i like them better than my IMS
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
_mel_45_

Post by _mel_45_ »

Any good pegs recommended for the af? Ive always ran standard pegs, but I'm thinking with size 14 feet and been 6ft 2" a set of wide and lower pegs would be good?

Have saw a few sets that have snapped, and would rather not be purchasing crap that is going to do that.
Doppler

Post by Doppler »

I used Yamaha pegs on my 89. They are the same mounting as the 01 you saw but have a different centerline on the mount. This puts the pegs slightly lower and back from the Honda pegs and make things more comfortable for bigger riders.
98-04 yamaha are all the same. Yz yzf wr.... All the same pegs. Cheap on ebay.